kendrick 11+ issue

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

smartee

kendrick 11+ issue

Post by smartee »

Hi All, i need some input please! My DD told me that they are not allow to have a spare paper for the working out for math, Why? i remembered two years ago my son sat at the Reading school exam, all the boy automatic been given the blank paper, even can ask more if you need to. On top of that , my DD also said that the CD is not working probably, on and off. Why no one mention about this issue?

Can anyone help please, i haven't sleep well since the exam out. Just can't get my head around it.
quasimodo

Re: kendrick 11+ issue

Post by quasimodo »

I think you should post your dd's actual score.I don't believe in your two posts you have stated the actual score.You have said she has just passed.Also would you mind saying in which area you live.I am sure then you will get appropriate advice.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There is something about it in this thread https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=55371
scary mum
smartee

Post by smartee »

quasimodo wrote:I think you should post your dd's actual score.I don't believe in your two posts you have stated the actual score.You have said she has just passed.Also would you mind saying in which area you live.I am sure then you will get appropriate advice.

Thanks for the replied. I am not telling lie. She got 109.25, the chance to get in is 0, even we live 2.3 miles form school. This is not fair at all for the morning girls who sat the test, she worked so hard now she lost most of her confident. i feel really sorry for her. speechless!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

We're they not told to use space on the question paper to do their working out?

On the Kendrick familiarisation booklet, it says:

• Candidates can use the question booklet for rough working, but should not write any working out on the answer sheet

Problems with the CD are another issue. Did your DD mention it to you at the time, or only now?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Tbh your chances at appeal are virtually zero, if that’s your thought.

There hasn’t been a successful appeal for kendrick in many, many years.

The issues you mentioned will have affected far more girls than just your DD so not really grounds for an appeal. The CD issue affected every Girl who took the test that morning.

As TM mentions the familiarisation paper states what the state of play is for rough working, so again your DD should have been prepared for that.
smartee

Post by smartee »

ToadMum wrote:We're they not told to use space on the question paper to do their working out?

On the Kendrick familiarisation booklet, it says:

• Candidates can use the question booklet for rough working, but should not write any working out on the answer sheet

Problems with the CD are another issue. Did your DD mention it to you at the time, or only now?

Yes, DD did mention a bit after the test. Only i understood more when i read this thread https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=55371" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; last week. Tinkers was right, there is no chance. That's why some parents told me you need a bit of luck too on the test.

Thank you both, we are looking for a second option and leave this stressful 11+ behind.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There’s always an element of luck involved when it comes to any exam.

When DD did itin 2012 (old GL test) her two least favourite question types didn’t come up and her favourite did.

Last month I had to do an exam too. First question was based on something I had had plenty of experience on but none of my colleagues did.

All you can do is prepare your DCs to cope with whatever is thrown at them, so luck is less of a factor.

Do you have good alternatives?