12 plus appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: 12 plus appeal

Post by Etienne »

Hi Sarmum

The report certainly suggests she has considerable potential, which might impress the panel.

However, if you use it, it will draw attention to the fact that she is currently 'good' rather than 'outstanding'.
I suspect the panel might like to see something higher than "secure".

I would be a bit hesitant about submitting the report, unless your reason for seeking a place is that she is not being 'stretched', or is not happy at the school - but you would probably need some additional evidence to support this, such as a dip in performance since Y6.
Etienne
Sarmum

Post by Sarmum »

Hi Etienne,

Thank you for providing clarity about the report. I will use the points you have suggested.

Sarmum
Sarmum

Post by Sarmum »

Hi all,

We just received the result of our appeal and it was unsuccessful. I thought we had a strong case, if such a case didn’t satisfy the panel, I wonder what will. If it was a local authority admission authority, I believe we would have won our case. I now understand the school and the panel work hand in glove.

It’s one thing to not quality and fight your case, it’s entirely different to know DD achieved the highest mark, and still a place was offered to children living closer, the criteria which was not quoted on the test details or on the website.

Anyway, although we are disappointed, it’s an unfair system, while we accept and live with it, it’s harsh and punishing. The panel with the school’s representative were bragging how there hasn’t been a single successful appeal in the last 5 years.

The school doesn’t deserve my hardworking DD, that’s what I’m going to tell her.

Thank you Etienne and all forum members for your support.
Woobywoo

Post by Woobywoo »

Really sorry to hear your news - you have clearly fought hard for your daughter. The system is unfair and there is also in my opinion a dose of luck thrown in too with an appeal, depending on the appeal panel you have. With a positive approach behind her, it sounds like your daughter will do really well whatever the school. Be strong!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now