One Point

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: One Point

Post by ToadMum »

sheriphat wrote:
Etienne wrote:
sheriphat wrote: Thanks for the information. If I want a review hearing do I approach the school or LA?
We don't know whereabouts you are, but most admission authorities do not offer a review. (They are not obliged to.)
Some areas that might hold reviews are mentioned here:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reviews - where they exist - tend to be arranged via the LA.
.... if you are unhappy with the outcome?
In most cases what would happen is that you include the grammar school on your CAF, and wait to be refused on 1st March. At that point there would be advice from the school or LA on how to take your case to an independent appeal if you are dissatisfied.
Do I have to list the Grammar school I am appealing against first on the CAF?
It would make sense. Or at least, above the school you are most likely to be offered
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Yes if you want a place a place at the school then put it first on the CAF, you then need to appeal FOR a place
sheriphat

Post by sheriphat »

If Newstead is put down as my 2nd preference and I am offered my first preference, can I still appeal? Just thinking if appeal fails and Newstead is put first, would my DD have missed out on her second choice because they were not put first? Sorry really do not understand how this works!
catcool

Post by catcool »

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

sheriphat wrote:If Newstead is put down as my 2nd preference and I am offered my first preference, can I still appeal? Just thinking if appeal fails and Newstead is put first, would my DD have missed out on her second choice because they were not put first? Sorry really do not understand how this works!
If you put Newstead first and do not get a place then it will NOT affect your chances of a place at your second choice school.

Your second choice school effectively becomes your first choice.

Honestly not sure if yo can appeal to schools further down your list - I think it varies by LEA / school and is bound to be much more complex than putting NW first, not being offered and then appealing
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now