Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Congratulations!!!! So pleased for you. :mrgreen:
daljit

Post by daljit »

Thank you everyone............... so glad i found this forum.

we got the news as my DS and i were on our way home from Great Ormond st hospital. (Poor DS has had an op and this is just the news he needed........."he's smiling through the pain!")

My thoughts are with all the parents who are still awaiting the outcome of their appeals. GOOD LUCK to you all.

Gercha you are a true friend, a special big thank you for all your support :mrgreen:

Dal x
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I'm really pleased for you, but please give Mr Green back!!! :mrgreen:
daljit

Post by daljit »

ALL YOURS :arrow: :mrgreen:
he is cute......
Dal x
dee-dee

Post by dee-dee »

so pleased to hear your news, i have been following your story.
are your triplets going to seperate schools? must be hard work!

did you base your appeal on your sons health?
daljit

Post by daljit »

yes triplets will be in different schools in September, they are individuals with different needs just like children in the same family of different ages. Just because they are born on the same day at the same time doesn't mean they are the same, they have very different personalties.
i think its a good thing that they have different schools, this will help them develope confidence and give them independence.....

anyways the triplets are happy and i'm glad that things have worked out this way, its very important that they are happy (after all it's about them!)

the appeal was not entirely based on DS's health, we had good supporting letters from our GP and the consultant our son has been under since birth.
also the school head teacher supported our case with letters/reports.
the panel were lovely and didn't ask any questions. they said our appeal was very to the point! (whatever that means)

Dal
dee-dee

Post by dee-dee »

i have twins, they will be doing the 11+ in september. Its refreshing to hear that you feel its ok to seperate your triplets. my children have different abilities, however we have always been made to feel that we should keep them together.
the twins feel as if they are always been compared too!

also like to ask were the triplets very premature? did you mention this in your appeal?

Hey just thought maybe we should start a new topic "should multiples be seperated at school?"...............

Good luck for year 7.
Dee
daljit

Post by daljit »

dee-dee,
i'm still so tired after the appeal process, honestly i spent hours trying to find the words to put down on paper for the BIG appeal,it wasn't easy! i'm glad its over and we can move on.
there are plenty of parents who have not had the news they wanted, they still have appeals etc to do. i feel so sad and sorry for them.

your twins have yet to go through the 11+ process, (do one step at a time)......why are you worried about appeals?

Dal
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Well done Daljit, only just read the great news. good luck Dee dee for next year, I'm sure Daljit will give advice re:multiple birhts when recovered :lol:
Bouga
dee-dee

Post by dee-dee »

sorry if i offended anyone.........

it's a hard time for all you guys that are appealing. i'm nervous for my children, we want them to do well.
it seems tough when you have twins with different strengths. even harder to seperate them.

hats off to daljit who obviously understands her childrens individual needs.

Dee
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now