We did it !!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gercha

Post by Gercha »

Wahoo - fab news. All that hard work has paid off - enjoy half term.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Best wishes
Bougalou :lol:
keane34

Post by keane34 »

Congratulations to you & your DS. Have a very happy half-term :D
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Wow - well done! :D

Now all you have to do is decide which one to go for...a nice problem to have! :lol:

All this exciting news on here recently is quite overwhelming - I'm afraid I'll have to go for a lie down. 8)

:)
Marylou
Alex

Post by Alex »

Sallyj ‘s post makes it sound like all was plain sailing. Not at all – she faced hurdles at so many stages that would have felled anyone with less determination and perseverance yet maintained a wonderful sense of humour throughout.

She needed medical evidence. The consultant paediatrician who had dealt with DS was retiring and she could not get an appointment in time so she had to beg for an appointment with someone new and after further delays and gentle insistence ended up collecting the letter from the hospital department just in time to copy it for the first appeal.

The all-important evidence from the primary school, who promised much but failed to deliver right up to the 11th hour, was sent by e-mail the night before the first GS appeal, whilst her DH struggled to mend the printer and DS put his IT skills into place to find something to allow the attachments to be read, leaving her to rush up to school in the morning to get it signed in time to go to the appeal.

In the first appeal for a highly regarded comprehensive the presenting officer who was the HT used her DS’s special needs as an argument for prejudice to the school (not acceptable). That appeal failed but she did not let this get in the way of preparing her appeals for the two GSs as well as visiting other school s in the hope of securing a better “fall-backâ€
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Alex wrote:You are now an expert on Disability Discrimination Appeals as well and I hope you will stick around to help others and I think you have contributed to a shift in thinking and practice in our county.
WELL DONE!
Well done indeed - a truly deserved victory. :)
Marylou
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Super news. That is a truly amazing outcome. I hope that you enjoy the feeling, you must feel incredible.
chad

Post by chad »

Brilliant news....well done!!!!!
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Oh my goodness Alex,you moved me to tears.
All I've ever done is keep fighting,whilst smiling through gritted teeth.
I have a child with a difference,one that has meant we have met with some profound & very open discrimination,but one nontheless who is bright & bubbly & who deserved a chance.
The fact that we have two successful appeals is hopefully a breakthrough & one which will make the journey into secondary school easier for those who follow. We never asked for special treatment,just a level playing field.
I don't know what else to say right now,other than thankyou to everyone for thier congratulations,& for all the support you have given. For all the times I have logged onto this forum in the wee small hours thinking it's all just too much & found a post to make me smile or a snippet of information to keep me going.
I have every intention of sticking around & will be posting further details of our appeal as feedback. Sharing all we have found is so important as it empowers others.
Thankyou to all of you,Sallyj xx
tillytonk

Post by tillytonk »

Enjoy,enjoy,enjoy. Fantastic news many congratulations. My daughter returned from far flung Scarborough yesterday and I did actually dread an anti-climax as I had, at times wondered if this school place had meant more to me than to her. I had no need to worry . Once we had peeled her off the ceiling she cried with sheer relief and hasn't stopped talking about it since. Thanks enough I feel.!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now