Made a big decision after failed appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mum of 1 and 1 to go

Made a big decision after failed appeal

Post by Mum of 1 and 1 to go »

Well after our failed appeal we have made a not easy decision to send my youngest DD to a Private School. It means quite a few sacrifices but after she spent the day at the school she is delighted to have been offered a place. We are lucky we can just about afford it and the school will really suit her.

Good luck to anyone going through the appeal process at the moment. :D
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Mum of 1 and 1 to go,

Really glad that you have a school that you and DD happy with.

Best wishes to you both :D

PS. If you feel able - could you post your appeal experience on http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=9205
I am sure it would be helpful for any future Calderdale appeals.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Welcome to the Independent Sector, Mum of 1+1 !!!
No doubt the money is a pain for you, but what a fantastic opportunity for DD! Every cloud has its silver lining! Congratulations :D !
Loopy
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Mum of 1 and youngest 1 - well done. DD must have shined at interview day. I am sure you are all feeling a lot more settled now, can start to relax, and will soon forget the awful pain of appeal. Moving on into into a new chapter I am sure will be a great feeling. :)
Anxious1

Post by Anxious1 »

Hi Mum of 1 and 1 to go,

Hope you are all okay after what has been an awful few months appealing in Calderdale.

Its good that you have made a decision that suits your particular child and that she is really happy and excited about her new school. My eldest child is at Independent school too.

I do hope your DD settles well at her new school, makes lots of new friends and achieves her full potential in the small class sizes.
T-4-2

Post by T-4-2 »

Well, mum of 1 and 1 to go, now you've got school fees to pay you'd better look at Ed's mum's money-saving tips on another thread! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now