Now just the waiting game again!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

in Turmoil

Now just the waiting game again!

Post by in Turmoil »

Well we had stage one and two yesterday a very gruelling day for everybody concerned. Everything over ran and we were seen for stage two some two and a half hours after our original appointment! I will post in feedback when we have our result as I just can't do it until we have our outcome! There are appeals still to be heard next week and the earliest we have been told we will hear is the 22nd. I want to thank everyone for their support on this nightmare of a journey especially Sally-Anne and Etienne who have been a source of such great advice to me. I really don't know how we would have got this far without their help.

This is the end of our journey as whatever the outcome it will stop here as we are all exhausted by it all! Good luck to everyone waiting for transfer appeal results.

IT
In Turmoil
capers123

Re: Now just the waiting game again!

Post by capers123 »

in Turmoil wrote:Well we had stage one and two yesterday a very gruelling day for everybody concerned. Everything over ran and we were seen for stage two some two and a half hours after our original appointment!
Good luck.

The timing of appeals can, and does, slip. It depends how much time is allocated to each one, and how much paperwork is submitted, how much arguing the parents do, how much needs explaining to the parents... Some places will allocate 20 min slots. The ones I've sat on recently have been half hour or 40 mins. If there is a panel hearing say 60 appeals for one school, then the clerk might try & fit in as many as possible so trim the time down.

With the half hour slots, over three days of appeals, only one over-ran (and happened to be followed by one where the parent was not coming). Most of the time we had 10 or 15 mins coffee & natter breaks, though we did tend to make notes after each appeal of the main points that we'd considered while they were fresh in our minds (without making a decision until the end of the appeals). I think we were lucky in that most parents had fairly short speeches, and didn't bring new material for us to consider.

Last year, however, at one point we were running one hour late. We even had to cut our lunch break from 1 hour to 1/2 hour (all together now - ahhh). Same school - same type of parents, same time allocated. We do have to make sure that parents have said all they want to say, so if that runs to more than 1/2 hour, so be it.
Capers
in Turmoil

transfer appeal

Post by in Turmoil »

Thanks Capers, no complaints about the panel at all they asked some very searching questions at stage one which I hope will help us all! We had two breaks for the LEA to take advice which took an hour each time. They couldn't stop apologising sbout the delay and all were very reasonable! We weren't asked the key question what will you do if you are not successful here today? So I am trying to read into that as a positive. We will see!

IT
In Turmoil
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks for the update, IT, and entirely understand that you don't feel up to providing a full report until you know the outcome.

Two hours of adjournments at stage 1? What a marathon! Perhaps this was for legal advice, but whatever the reason it sounds as if there were some really thorny issues!

The best of luck
Etienne
tillytonk

Post by tillytonk »

Have I missed something. Do you have an answer yet?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Tillytonk .. try this :wink: looks like good news to me :D

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... sc&start=0
tillytonk

Post by tillytonk »

Thank you. How computer illiterate am I ?? Fab news very,very,happy for you xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now