Scores and Parent appeals

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Laffy

Scores and Parent appeals

Post by Laffy »

My Head tells me that DS needed 360, with no less than 117 in any test. He scored 359; 127 verbal; 121 non verbal;111 Maths. He considered a heads appeal, but didn't have evidence in maths to do it as he has only started to show his potential in last few months. But says he will support us in a parents appeal next March. Does anyone have any experience of parent appeals, or advice?
Thanks
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

if you look at the appeal section there is a wealth of good advice.
Laffy

Post by Laffy »

on this site?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

yes, go to the forum index

Second one down in the general section.

There's a very good Questions and Answers thread.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=35
Janep67

11+ scores

Post by Janep67 »

Hi
I am in the same boat just got my sons scores from the school and he got 129 for verbal reasoning, 127 for NVR and 113 for Maths. I had resigned myself to him not passing but now thinking of appealing. I have an meeting with the Head tomorrow but not sure if I have any mitigating circumstances??
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I'll move this to the appeals section
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Please start by following the links at the top (Announcement and Q&As).

We're happy to try and help with individual questions afterwards.
Etienne
loubielou

Post by loubielou »

If it makes you feel any better my son scored 140, 132 and 109.. His HT is stunned ... but is already penning a letter to support my appeal. I dont know what he could have done so wrong!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Loubielou - isn't it the case in Kent that you can ask to see answer papers? It seems odd to score so highly in 2 papers and not the 3rd - sounds like something has gone wrong. Might be interesting to see if he missed any out accidentally. Did he say anything when he came out about finding one paper hard or feeling ill/distracted at any time.

I hope that with such high scores in 2 papers and with your HT's support your appeal is succesful.
loubielou

Post by loubielou »

He said he felt it was really difficult to have to sit and do so many tests in one day - he is being assessed for ADHD and Dyspraxia at the moment. He was confident he had passed.

I think the Non verbal was done is sections so I cant see that he could have turned over 2 pages or anything like that - unless his answer line wasnt thick enough ? Who knows

. I dont know which order they did the tests - I have a feeling this was the 3rd.

HT is in full support of an Appeal and has advised me to put only Grammar schools on the form!

He passed Bexley!