Scores and Parent appeals

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Yes you can see papers! Phone maidstone admissions to make appointment. you can 'recount' score and see what they missed/got wrong. You cant copy any of the paper!! You need a good memory :wink:
loubielou

Post by loubielou »

tonbridgemum wrote:Yes you can see papers! Phone maidstone admissions to make appointment. you can 'recount' score and see what they missed/got wrong. You cant copy any of the paper!! You need a good memory :wink:
what about a sneaky 'phone' pic?
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

loubielou wrote:He said he felt it was really difficult to have to sit and do so many tests in one day - he is being assessed for ADHD and Dyspraxia at the moment. He was confident he had passed.

I think the Non verbal was done is sections so I cant see that he could have turned over 2 pages or anything like that - unless his answer line wasnt thick enough ? Who knows

. I dont know which order they did the tests - I have a feeling this was the 3rd.

HT is in full support of an Appeal and has advised me to put only Grammar schools on the form!

He passed Bexley!
He didn't take the test at the Judd did he?
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Not easy to take a photo! Lady walked up and down..... :shock:
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

I think it is hard on the OCC applicants in the Kent process as they do have to do all the tests in one day, whereas my son's school did them over two days. But......my husband was an invigilator at one of the test centres, and there was lots of time out on the field to eat lunch, run around and get fresh air etc. so they weren't in the classroom the whole time at that test centre I know. Still a hard day though for a 10/11 yr old
noma

Post by noma »

tonbridgemum wrote:Yes you can see papers! Phone maidstone admissions to make appointment. you can 'recount' score and see what they missed/got wrong. You cant copy any of the paper!! You need a good memory :wink:
Hi tonbridgemum, can these papers be asked to be presented in case one appeals?
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Familyinthevalley - My ds did the Kent tests in one morning. He had to eat his lunch in the exam room and wasn't even allowed to go out to find his friend who was in a different classroom. Certainly no running around or fresh air involved!
loubielou

Post by loubielou »

My son took the exam at TWGS - and they had barely a break between the tests. It is a very unfair system to any child who is outside of the Borough. We are in no 'catchment ' area where I live so we are offered the places no one else wants.

Even Degree candidates arent expected to sit exams in such conditions it really is terribly unjust - however saying that his friend scored 420 - so it obv didnt bother him!!!
loubielou

Post by loubielou »

oh and they had no lunch breaks but they did provide drinks and biscuits.
tonbridgemum

Post by tonbridgemum »

Noma. Actually i'm not sure about that one! We just wanted to add them up again!! (and saw he'd missed half the paper out...groan)
I guess they would forward to the appeal panel but as i said you cant take them.
The best bit was reading his written task (the case of the Alien Hamster who took over the world...!!) You ARE allowed a copy of the writting as its original work.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now