Bucks appeals - borderline score - Attn: Ambridge

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

blessing

Post by blessing »

Hi Etienne,

I have got the headteacher's report and it is mind boggling. She has given acadenic recommendation as 2/3, attitude as 1, sats predictions are 4a, 4a and 5 and position of suitability as 9.
This is most worrying. Can any one shed any light on this, i haven,t got a clue ofwhat they the headteacher has based the position of suitabilty on and i amyet to ask her on monday to explain.

In fact she has not stated anything to indicate if she is supporting /not supporting.

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Post by Guest »

Dear blessing

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Monday, because only the headteacher can explain what she's written.

Ask if "2/3" was her original recommendation. If so, she proved to be quite accurate, because 120 is almost a "2", and 111 is a low "3".

Whether "9th" is good or not depends on how the children above and below performed. For example, if nos. 1-3 were the only children who qualified, that would not be good news. On the other hand, if nos. 1-8 and 10-14 mostly qualified, that could be rather good.

Regards
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

My post above - Sorry, logged out again!
Etienne
Ambridge

Thank you

Post by Ambridge »

Etienne thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us, I am very grateful, you do a great job which, at times, must be very time consuming.

Regards x
blessing

Post by blessing »

Hello all worried parents over there and especially to you Etienne.

I was just wondering about the 9th ranking, whether it is based on the whole class/year in the school or on the number of children in the school who took the Bucks 11+

Does anyone know what this position of suitability is based on?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear blessing

It refers to children ranked by the school - usually those with a 1-3 suitability recommendation for the 11+.
Etienne
blessing

Post by blessing »

Etienne,

Thanks for your reply, i actually spoke to one of the parent at shool after i have sent that posting. Her child scored 119, one point below mine, but has been given position of suitablity of 3. How is one meant to understand all this. If two people got through, mine and one other child got a 120 and the remaining children lower than 120, i would have thought the ranking will reflect the scores.

Any thought on that. By the way , the extenuating circumstance i have some proof and can get recent proof. Although i have never told the school about the extenuating circumstance, so i do not expect them to comment but i felt they should have meeting/discussion with parents before writing headteacher's report.

What so you think?

Post by Guest »

Dear blessing

The rankings and suitability recommendations were all done before the 11+. We can then compare what schools expected to happen in the tests with what actually happened!
blessing

Post by blessing »

That probably explain a few things. TA
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now