11 plus Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
trixytoo

Post by trixytoo »

I just wanted to write to say we had our appeal today. I was very nervous, I had so much prepared that I wanted to say and most of it went out of my head!! The panel were friendly but professional and asked lots of question regarding my DD's educational background. They did remark on the low score but mentioned the excellent references my DD had been given by the school and that it was an "unique case". I have 5 days to wait, which will seem like forever!! Thank you so much to Sally-Anne and Etienne for you advice and support (not to mention all the private messages answered!) good luck to everyone else too.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Wishing you the best of luck 'trixytoo' x x x
Heartmum x x x
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Good luck trixytoo - everything crossed for you!
trixytoo

Post by trixytoo »

Thank you for your kind words, Heartmum and Twinkles. It is so nice to have support. I found out today that there are 8 places at the school, but 40 appeals have been heard over the past 4 days (all non-qualification) which is a very high number! I am now worrying as the panel seamed very sympathetic and interested in my dd's background - at first I thought that maybe a good thing but now back home worrying that they were too nice and it's because we haven't got a chance!! Anyway, chocolate and wine tonight to try and take my mind off it all for a while (if that is at all possible)
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

trixytoo wrote: chocolate and wine tonight to try and take my mind off it all for a while (if that is at all possible)
Works for me! :D
Good luck :D
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

that's my type of remedy.... Good luck, have everything crossed for you and sending you a big hug x
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I just wanted to say very good luck Trixytoo. FWIW I think that it seems like an extremely good reason. I think your daughter has done brilliantly, not just because of the language situation, but the whole cultural upheaval. :)
kitty1509

Post by kitty1509 »

Good luck, I too am waiting for results, it drives you mad!!!!

Just try and keep busy, good advice from everyone on here.

The very best of luck.
trixytoo

Post by trixytoo »

I can't thank you all enough for you words of support - it really does help during this difficult time. I know we were told we would hear up to 5 days - but I opened the door so quickly to the postman this morning I made him jump!! No news yet though, so unfortuntely the poor postman will be going through the same thing tomorrow!! I keep turning over what I said during the appeal in my mind - I 'm having difficulty concentrating on anything else. I think the written case we submitted was ok, my DD had a glowing reference from her teacher (and head of year) and predicted SAT's were 5a maths, 5a reading and 5b literacy also DD's Spanish school sent a lovely reference, which the panel did comment on. But I feel I didn't say enough, my husband is much more laid back than me(although I think he is trying to stay calm for my sake!!) All of you are so kind to write, I think this site is wonderful and I will write my experience on here afterwards, whatever the outcome to help anyone else. Kitty1509, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you too x
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

I too want to wish you good luck, and know how you feel with waiting for the news. Am still wondering if I will be receiving a speeding fine for the day it did actually arrive..... was only doing 71 on the motorway, honest :oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now