Appeal begins?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

:lol: Now that did make me smile ... just keep that hat ready. You never know :wink:
Heartmum x x x
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It's an offer I only make about once every two years.

The hat - so far - is still intact! :lol:
Etienne
Hope

Post by Hope »

We were definately asked that question at our appeal 2 years ago. It was something down the lines of "How was she on the morning of the tests? Was she nervous?"

So I think Etienne's hat will be safe :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I'm hoping so! It's a fairly standard question - especially if no extenuating circumstances have been mentioned.
Etienne
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

'Etienne' I'm a bit new to all this ... how do I send a PM to you. I tried by clicking on the PM box, went in, wrote my piece :roll: but then couldn't send :x
Heartmum x x x
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I have a feeling that Etienne cannot accept PMs as they are so snowed under. There is a facility to post confidential info though. Look at the top of the page.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Thank you 'Ed's mum' I'll try that :)
Heartmum x x x
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

I have put together my draft letter for my DDs appeal!

Just not sure if the letter is right. I am using the example letter for guidance, but trying to make sure you put down the evidence to support the academic ability with suitability for a Grammar School environment suddenly seems hard. :roll:

I'm worried it'll be too 'flouncy' and not what they are looking for and doesn't help at all :?

Advice please?
Heartmum x x x
Hope

Post by Hope »

At our last appeal I used the example letter as a guide and used bullet points.

It is quite difficult to put all the info in in a concise manner, I would try not to be too flouncy just put down the facts, you get an opportunity at the appeal to go into more detail when you present your case. As Etienne says try not to make the letter too long as the panel have a lot of cases to look at and it must be easier if it is concise and easy to pick out the main points of your case.

I had several attempts at mine last time and eventually was happy with one of the drafts so keep going you will be happy with it in the end although you will probably think 'maybe I should have included ......' after you have sent it off. I have not even started this one yet!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thanks for that, hope.

What I would say is don't worry about it. Most people write far, far too much. Stick to the space on the form if possible (assuming your handwriting isn't too bad!). Keep it short and to the point because it really doesn't matter. What matters is the supporting evidence.

(Before anybody asks -
sorry, no, we don't have the time to check individual appeal letters!
:))
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now