Advice on individual appeal cases

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Advice on individual appeal cases

Post by Sally-Anne »

Unfortunately Etienne and I simply do not have the time to read emailed appeal letters or evidence other than in the most exceptional circumstances.

A good example of a case that is deserving of our (free) time is that of Morning Glory, who is presenting a highly complex case with a vast battery of evidence.

Other examples of good use of the Appeal Box are when evidence of a very personal nature will be submitted at the appeal.

Likewise if posting certain information on the forum would clearly lead to your case being identified and that could cause embarrassment to you or your child, you are welcome to use the facility.

Otherwise we would ask you to post the majority of your case on the Forum because:

a) There are around 850 appeals each year, and a standard appeal case is really not identifiable.

b) The posts about your case will benefit others, now and in future. This section is now a vast information bank about almost every possible situation that can arise at an appeal, simply because so many people have posted the basic facts of their case here in the past.

Thank you

Sally-Anne
Hope

Post by Hope »

Hi Sally-Anne and Etienne

I think we all really appreciate how much of your time you both give up to help us here on appeals, I am not sure I could get through the process without the help of this forum, especially your invaluable advice. :D

I must say that I find it really helpful to read about other cases and what information they are putting together to help their appeal, so I feel if people are able to post openly on the forum it benefits lots of others including themselves when you reply to their questions.

Thank you for all your time and advice on all the posts. your family must hate this time of year :!:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you Hope. :D

It is our pleasure to help you and others wherever we can.
Hope wrote:Thank you for all your time and advice on all the posts. your family must hate this time of year :!:
I think that is unfortunately a fair statement! However ...

... this Forum (and, specifically, the wonderful Etienne) arrived too late to help me present DS1's appeal sensibly and I lost it because I hadn't a clue what I was doing.

I now have two sons at GS, both really doing well and both of them are very happy, and this Forum is the reason. A few hours of my time is a small price to pay in return. :D

Sally-Anne
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Sally-Anne / Etienne

I too would like to express my thanks for all the help and support you give to families like us!

We appreciate it more than you'll ever know!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Nif229 (and family)! :D
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

The help that Etienne & Sally Anne have given myself has been priceless and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

I must apologise to both their families as I am sure I have taken up a large amount of their time in the last few weeks.

In addition other people have also given me some lovely messages of support, which I thank you all for.

I have been reading everyone elses threads and have found answers to many of my own questions.

Finally, I would like to wish everyone who has decided to appeal for whatever reason the very very best of luck.

MG
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thank you everyone for your kind words! :oops:

And very best wishes to all who are preparing for an appeal in the New Year.
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you very much indeed, nif and MG. I wish you the very, very best of luck with your appeals, as I do to all those who sadly find themselves needing to use this section.

Sally-Anne
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

I would like to reiterate what 'niff229, Hope & Morning Glory' have said ...

Without your advice, I would have still be walking blindly not knowing which way to turn ... the appeal process is a daunting experience, one made easier by your help/advice x x x

Whatever the outcome with my DDs appeal (even though I'm a little bit scared at meeting the appeal panel :shock:) at least I can go in there prepared and ready for anything :wink:
Heartmum x x x
flossie

Post by flossie »

Another big thank you Sally-Anne and Etienne. I would have been lost without your free help and advice.

Thanks you so much
x
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You're welcome! :D

Good luck!
Etienne