Appeal related stress (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
clare64

Appeal related stress (Bucks)

Post by clare64 »

We have submitted our appeal already but I am wondering whether we should have included more about our son's academic ability. The headteacher has rated him as 1/1 and number 6 on the list (out of about 40). Predicted sats all 5's. She has put that she cannot stress how strongly she supports the appeal and that he has great potential. She has squeezed her comments on the form, have other heads done more?
Should we show the panel that in the end of year tests in year 5 he got level 5's in math,english and science? We have concentrated on his dyspraxia being the reasong for not scoring 121 (118/116) and have ed psyc reports done a couple of years ago which show good IQ.

I'm finding this incredibly stressful, you feel that you are letting your child down if you don't know what to put in the appeal. I can see that this forum has given support to lots of people going through the same thing, Thank you .

Clare
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Clare

The hearing will provide an opportunity to go into a bit more detail about academic ability. Take the end-of-year results along with you.

Most Bucks heads put all their comments on the form. Some write a lot, some don't. What really matters is their choice of words, and it's good to read "... cannot stress how strongly," and "great potential"!

Regards
Etienne
clare64

Post by clare64 »

Thanks Etienne, and thank you for your Qs and As about appeals which we found so useful.

Best Wishes

Clare64
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now