appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bucks mum

appeal

Post by bucks mum »

I am putting an appeal for my son and was wondering whether it is worth mentioning previous class behaviour as mitigating circumstances or will the panel not be interested. Since Yr3 there have been constant disruptions in his class which resulted finally in yr5 a boy being expelled from the school and 4 other children in the class left. Things didn't improve throughout the year until they got a new teacher in yr5. Child psyhologists were brought in at the schools request to work with the child. All this I believe did have a determintal effect on his learning, in Yr5 his Science stats was 3A and is now predicated to be 5, his reading stats actually went down in from yr4 to yr5.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Class disruption, if serious enough, could well affect progress in the curriculum, and help to explain low KS2 predictions.

However, if things were quieter in the lead-up to the 11+ (most Bucks schools start the practice papers in July or September), then it would not be easy to use disruptive pupils as extenuating circumstances for the 11+ VR scores.

Regards
Etienne