Appeal Today

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

flossie wrote:Now do I open the envelope as if ripping off a plaster or tentatively ease it open and close my eyes until the crucial moment....
For me ... I had just made my morning coffee as the post fell through the letter box. I rushed over and there it was 'the envelope' :shock: I opened it there and then - just had to know the answer!

Thankfully it was successful ... but that feeling will not be forgotton for a long time x x x
Heartmum x x x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Flossie

Many thanks for your kind words - Etienne and I are happy to help, and it is always good to hear that we have been useful.
flossie wrote:Now do I open the envelope as if ripping off a plaster or tentatively ease it open and close my eyes until the crucial moment!!!

Your advice would be much appreciated on envelope technique....
I have no tips, unusually! Every 11+/12+ letter in this house has been opened with me in a state of complete paralysis, so much so that I couldn't unfold or turn over the piece of paper. Ludicrous!

The exception was the 12+ success letter. DH opened that, brought it to me while I was still asleep in bed, and the resulting scenes would have been a credit to any Ealing Comedy! :lol:

My best wishes for the result.

Sally-Anne
flossie

Post by flossie »

Thanks for the best wishes.

The post was delivered really late today, I thought there just wasn't any mail so my heart was pounding when I collected the letters two of which looked suspiciously like an appeal letter, but... no nothing yet!!!

Perhaps tomorrow...
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Hi Flossie,

Good look with your envelope.

I am currently looking out of window waiting for postman. We had our appeal last Friday so it should arrive today. Postman is late!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DMF

Post by DMF »

Good luck Flossie & Sugar

Hope those envelopes arrive soon and bring you good news and relief all round!

Still waiting for appeal here - counting down to next wednesday as is DD - she keeps saying she doesn't want to let me down again - heartbreaking stuff.

Fingers crossed xx
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Hi Flossie, Sugar and DMF (and anyone else I've forgotten)

I'm watching your posts and feeling anxious for you all!! You've done so well with the preparation of your cases and really deserve to get your children to the Schools that you know they deserve to be at! We don't have our appeal until next Wednesday so we're a while behind you guys.

I really do wish you all the very best and hope that you have won the appeals for your children. :D

Fingers crossed

Nif229
flossie

Post by flossie »

Thank you so much for all of your best wishes - it's really kind and thoughtful of you.

Wishing all of you the best of luck too - we've all had excellent tutoring on this site ourselves so I don't think we could do any more than we have already.

Still no envelope though grrrr! It could be a very long weekend :!:

x
Hope

Post by Hope »

Hi Flossie

Any envelope yet? thinking of you still waiting.
flossie

Post by flossie »

Envelope arrived....Success! :shock: :D
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Congratulations Flossie, I'm absolutely over the moon for you. I wish your DC all the luck in the World :lol:

Nif229
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now