Post by Marylou »

:D :D :D :D :D

Great news!
Marylou
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

CONGRATULATIONS! :D :D :D

I am so pleased for you and your DD - excellent news x x x

How was the envelope opening moment? Reading that result is something you won't forget for a long time! :D
Heartmum x x x
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Well done Flossie, many many congratulations - enjoy the moment!!
chad

Post by chad »

Congrats to you and your dd. :D
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Congratulations!!!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

What a long wait - but worth it!

Many congratulations! :D
Etienne
Hope

Post by Hope »

Brilliant news Flossie. Well done, have a great weekend celebrating.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Wonderful news!!! Well done :D
Shelly8

Post by Shelly8 »

CONGRATULATIONS!

So pleased for you :D
flossie

Post by flossie »

Thank you all for the congrats it means a lot and has put another smile on my face :D Thanks also for all the help that has been given to me over the last few months since I found this brilliant site - the support and advice has been invaluable, in fact, without it I'm certain the appeal outcome would have been very different. In particular, of course, much gratitude and thanks to Sally-Anne and Etienne -maybe they should write a book together and make some money?!!! :wink:

Heartmum, I was a coward and got my mum to open the envelope who then proceeded to take forever to get to the part where they tell you whether the appeal was successful! At this point I thought 'oh well' but then she told me that the appeal was successful and I have never been so elated in my whole life - in fact my mum thought I was having a panic attack :lol: I have calmed down now, but have to confess to also reading the letter several times as well!

The journey isn't over for us being OOC, but at least the first hurdle has been overcome. It is such a difficult time for so many people and has been without doubt one of the most stressful times in my life, but I'm glad we hung in there, and I will not give up until dd is able to access a good education.

In all honesty, if there was a decent state school near me I would not have entered my dd for the exam - unfortunately we don't have the money to live near the good schools in the Borough. Frustratingly, an elitist system has been allowed to develop for many years now in numerous areas, which doesn't offer all children a fair chance of a good education - largely due to very tight catchment areas. It is ridiculous that we are forced to fight so hard to give our kids a chance educationally. I do think something has to change in the future for everyone's sanity! However, I truly am very grateful that dd has won the appeal.

For anyone who is waiting for their appeal date I wish you good luck and best wishes. For those people who were unlucky with their appeal result my heart goes out to you and I wish you well in your endeavours to find a good school for your dc.