Unsuccessful Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear catlover

Yes, you really do need to wait for the notes as they are the only hard evidence of what was said.

For example:
a) If you believe an inappropriate comment was made during the question and answer session, it will help to know exactly how this was recorded by the clerk.
b) If you believe that the panel gave insufficient attention to a particular piece of evidence, you need to see whether the evidence was mentioned either in the chair's summing up (after you left the room) or in the panel's reasons for their decision.
Etienne
catlover

Post by catlover »

Many thanks for your reply Etienne.

What you say completely makes sense and hopefully it will be helpful that I've recorded what I have, whilst it was very fresh in our minds.

Will it be possible for you or Sally-Anne to look at the notes when I get them?

Thanks again, Catlover
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

No problem.
Etienne
catlover

Unsuccessful Appeal

Post by catlover »

We still haven't got a copy of the notes from appeal. Spoke to County Council yesterday, who said they went in first class post on Friday. Have just phoned them again, as have not come in today's post and they've agreed to put another copy in the post.

Having sat with the result for a few days now, we still intend to follow it through. Naturally we're giving serious thought to other options. DD is at at an out of county school and if she isn't going to a GS we would like her to go to the comprehensive in the same town as her out of county school. I think we're going to find it difficult (but hopefully not impossible) to get her in. I'm beginning to get a few draft notes together for this appeal. Etienne / Sally Anne, Could I send these through to AppealsBox, wasn't sure if they were out of scope of this forum?

Any other thoughts gratefully received ...

Catlover
catlover

Post by catlover »

Dear Etienne and Sally Anne

I have now had the notes through from our appeal and have revised the letter that I would like to send in line with notes, which I've sent to AppealsBox. I do think the letter goes on too much and accept that it probably needs cutting and would much appreciate your advise. I included everything possible in the letter and accept that to have maximum effect, it may be appropriate to cut some of it out.

Do you want me to scan the notes from the appeal and send them across to the appeals box too?

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Catlover
awanboueki

Post by awanboueki »

Hi

We are in a very similar situation as you,My daughter's results were 118 and 119 she had also burned her leg a few day's before the first test and was in alot off pain and not her usual self.
The appeal hearing was terrible they made it blatantly
obvious that they had made there decision before we even got there.
They were quite rude and had no interest in my daughters ability.

After reading this thread i am also going to complain about there decision and go the ombudsman.