Appeals Dates

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Suki

Appeals Dates

Post by Suki »

Hi

We have had our appeal date through for the second week in January. All the documentation has gone including the head's recommendation.

Apart from what we have written on our appeal letter, is there anything else we can mention to strenthen our case. Just to recap, our son got 2 x 120, predicted level 5 sats, strongly recommended for Grammar by head teacher and was given 1 - attitude and 2 - ability.

I would be grateful for any input.

Suki
Emily

Post by Emily »

Hi Suki

That was very quick. We sent our appeal last Tuesday and received a letter from BCC with a reference number. No mention of any dates!!!! I'll have to re-read it incase I missed something.
As for further evidence, as long as you have submitted a strong headteachers report I don't see that you should need much more with x2 120 scores. Make sure you take your child's books on the appeal date to show any academic work.
My child missed the Bucks test however passed the Berkshire test so it may be worth mentioning that if you are in the same boat.
Hope this helps.
Emily
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Suki

Stop worrying (easier said than done, I know!).
You couldn't have done more.

The official view would be that the Berks and Bucks tests are different, so they cannot be compared.

Regards
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Suki

I agree with Etienne - try to stop worrying! You have a very good case put together, and you risk "over-egging" it if you add more to it at a late stage.

Stick the hard facts that you already have, and keep it simple.

Good luck
Sally-Anne
Suki

Post by Suki »

Hi All

I know I should stop worrying, all paperwork has now gone, so just need to relax and enjoy Christmas and then attend the appeal with a fresh and positive state of mind.

I am going to try my best to relax (hope I manage).

Suki