Submitting additional evidence to the panel

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PJ

Submitting additional evidence to the panel

Post by PJ »

My son failed his 11+ by one mark on one exam. Part of our appeal will be on academic grounds.

While we have supportive letters from the Headmaster of his current School and SATs prediction of three level 5s this is all we have in terms of academic evidence. His handwriting is simply awful (as is mine :oops: )....so we can't submit his text books :cry:

We think an Educational Psychologists Report would help, however, realise that we won't get it in time for our appeal letter.

Can undertake the test now without mentioning it in our appeal form and if the results are favourable submit the report as additional evidence in the panel meeting?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!

Yes, after sending in your appeal statement, you are entitled to submit evidence at a later date.

For something as complex as an EP report, however, you should send a copy to whoever is organising the appeal at least 10-14 days before the hearing. If the panel were to see it for the first time on the day of the hearing, they would be within their rights to adjourn the appeal to a later date so that they have time to study it properly.
Etienne
PJ

Post by PJ »

Thank you for the rapid response! I am sooo pleased to have found the forum.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

PJ we are in exactly the same situation as you. 1 point under and already achieving level 5`s.
Where would I obtain such a report...as I am obviously slow and have never heard of one.
Part of the HT appeal was on the grounds of my DDs anxiety.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... ers.php#b3

Whether you actually need one may depend on how much other evidence you have available:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... rs.php#b11
Etienne
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Etienne wrote:See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... ers.php#b3

Whether you actually need one may depend on how much other evidence you have available:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... rs.php#b11
THANK YOU :)
cassidy

Post by cassidy »

Hi

Can someone tell me when we back up our appeal with evidence do we have to include the real copy or can we submit photocopies.

Thanks
PJ

Post by PJ »

cassidy wrote:Hi

Can someone tell me when we back up our appeal with evidence do we have to include the real copy or can we submit photocopies.

Thanks
I would check with the school. On the form we are submitting it says that photocopies are fine...however...I guess this varies from school to school
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

cassidy wrote:Can someone tell me when we back up our appeal with evidence do we have to include the real copy or can we submit photocopies.
You can send photocopies. I suggest taking the originals with you on the day though, just in case there is a query.

Sally-Anne
RS

Post by RS »

I'm new to the forum. please bear with me.

My son failed his 11+ by 2.04 mark out of 300... He had a bad English paper on that day and it was not his normal standard at all. He attends a Prep School and he is top set in Maths / English & Science. We want to appeal on academic grounds.

Since it is an independent school (for boys up to 13 years old - Year 8 ) we cannot produce SATs or similar evidence. We are not sure whether the Headmaster is willing to give us a strong supportive letter since it is not in his interest to lose another "customer". Last year when we told him that our older son was leaving for a GS - he wasn't that impressed!! The HM wanted our older son to stay until 13+ and offered us a bursary but we decided that GS is a better option.

Apart from a supportive letter from the headmaster, is there any other evidence I can produce at the appeal hearing? Would an EP prove a child's normal academic ability?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now