what to put in an appeal and how to set it out

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cassidy

what to put in an appeal and how to set it out

Post by cassidy »

Hi

I have had looked at the Q&A section but iam still a bit confused.

For my actual appeal do I set it out like this:

No more than 1 side of A4.

Do you have to do an Intro?? Good evening and my name is............. then

Start of with ACADEMIC

*Sats KS1 & KS2 (please see Apendix...)
*Grade 5 standard in music (Please see Appendix...) (letter from music teacher & junior wind band teacher and music reports)
*Achieved standards above those expected at her aged(please see Apendix..)(Year 3 School report)
* Had two poems selected for publication in Young writers anthology
Little Laureates 2008 Eastern England and Little Laureates Hertfordshire 2007. (Please see Appendix....) (Certificates of merit for a creative piece of distinction)
*headteacher's letter
*Maybe class teacher's letter??
* Maybe high reading & spelling ages??

Is this the right way to set it out and what do I put next??

would you then present your case in more detail at the actual appeals hearing? and how do you find out if your child past the exams or not to find their actual score.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Im doing an oversubscription appeal too - my understanding is you will not need the general accademic evidence if your dc paaed the 11 plus as that is already proven by the test. But you will need the music evidence as this is the grounds of your appeal. :)
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear cassidy

Please don't start a new thread each time you post. Stick to one thread, as it helps to have all the information about your case is in one place. - Thanks.

If the only reason for refusal is oversubscription, then the sort of arguments you need are here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... ers.php#c2
- and this is what your case should focus on. As tiredmum says, general academic evidence is unlikely to be relevant if the only issue is oversubscription.

There is a bit of advice about setting out an oversubscription appeal here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=10

I usually suggest one of two things:
  • 1. Send in a detailed written statement with any supporting evidence, and then at the appeal just remind the panel briefly of the main points, or
    2. Send in a brief summary of the main points with any supporting evidence, and then go into more detail at the hearing.
You can, of course, send in a detailed written statement, and go through all of it word for word at the hearing. If it's very lengthy, though, it may make the panel feel rather weary, and may not be the best way of winning friends and influencing people!
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now