Pressure at being the less academic twin

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
twinmum2

Post by twinmum2 »

Is there a service where I can send my presentation/evidence before the appeal so that I can have some feedback as to whether I am on the right track?

Thanks
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I think you're already on it :D :D :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You're very welcome to follow the Confidential Information link at the top of the page, but I'm afraid we don't routinely have enough time to provide a general assessment.
Please note that we cannot normally deal with wide-ranging or open-ended questions such as "We've emailed our case - what do you think of it?" or "We've sent you a copy of our draft appeal letter - please comment."
If you have a very specific question, we would try and help.
Etienne
twinmum2

Post by twinmum2 »

Can entrepreneurial skills and business acumen be evidence of academic ability? Even though it is an outside school activity?
chad

Post by chad »

It would show an ability to learn new processes and maybe apply skills in a new area.... especially if there was a measureable achievement.
Not sure how you would include it in an appeal tho'.
Hopefully someone will be along to add to the views
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

A brief mention wouldn't do any harm It might be a useful 'extra' - depending on exactly what the evidence is. I doubt that a reference or letter of 'recommendation' would carry huge weight. If we're talking about an award of some sort, it depends how prestigious it is. If there's no measurable achievement, then I think it would be seen as a worthwhile out-of-school activity rather than alternative academic evidence.

Let's take a different example. Primary Maths Challenge exists as an optional 'extra' to encourage participation and an interest in the subject. It's meant for the top 60% of years 5/6, and each pack of 10 question papers comes with 1 gold, 2 silver and 3 bronze certificates. To get a certificate would be encouraging. Being among the 2000+ high scorers who get invited to the finals in London would be definitely noteworthy. And to get an award in the finals would be very remarkable!
Etienne