What else will I need?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiredmum

Re: What else will I need?

Post by tiredmum »

T12ACY wrote:The thing to let down the GS is that for A level their results have been poorer than expected, !
Dont worry too much about the A level results - many of their best students may have moved to a different 6th form - and others will have joined their 6th form from non-grammar schools :)
Amber

Post by Amber »

tiredmum wrote:
T12ACY wrote:The thing to let down the GS is that for A level their results have been poorer than expected, !
Dont worry too much about the A level results - many of their best students may have moved to a different 6th form - and others will have joined their 6th form from non-grammar schools :)
Though this would beg the question - why would the best students be moving somewhere else for 6th form?

Some GS have a non-selective 6th form though, so this might explain it. Others throw out their own students post-GCSE if their results are not high enough, in order to keep those prestigious A level grades high.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Amber wrote:
tiredmum wrote:
Though this would beg the question - why would the best students be moving somewhere else for 6th form?

Well my dd is in year 10 and lucky to be in the top group of her year group, she will NOT be staying in the 6th form as she wants to spread her wings, and her 6th form is all girls and she wants to find a mixed one - so i think there are many reasons why kids move on at this stage :)
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Very good points re the A levels, it could be that this particular school takes students in to 6th form currently from the local comp which is something I will ask about when we go. DS will be required to stay at school until 18 and don't know if he will be able to select to move schools or if he would even want to (it seems such long way off!).
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

When attending the hearing, which I don't have the date for yet, I wondered if it would be ok to take along DS1 for my moral support? He is almost 17 and actually is the only other person who knows DS as well as I do. Am sure I have read somewhere it is not really a good idea to take a 'child' but he is almost 18.

Or should I ask my parents???? (won't be taking the county councillor this time!)
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Panels are more used to a grandparent attending, but I don't really see any objection to a 17 year old if he's just there for moral support.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now