Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Keeping my fingers crossed for you 'kitty1509' on a good result x x x
Heartmum x x x
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I remember when I got my appeal result (not 11 plus, just to get DS back into his old school after we'd been o/s for a year). It was a Friday afternoon so the clerk said that she'd phone me rather than waiting for a letter to arrive and I was driving round a roundabout at the time. I grabbed the phone and yelled into it that I would just be a moment as I had to stop. It was ridiculous really as the Head actually supported my appeal so the council didn't really have a case, but we still had to go through the huge strain of an appeal :x Then finally life got back to normal.
Everything crossed for you Kitty.
kitty1509

Post by kitty1509 »

I'm having lots of doubts. I keep thinking about what was asked and what I said, after reading the feedback from others appeal hearings I'm really worried. During the first part of our appeal, the head master of the GS said that just because children were acheiving predicted 5's does not mean that they are academic enough for GS.

When I think back, they only briefly looks at her grades and didn't really comment on them. They really wanted to know if there was any reason that stopped her achieving the required grade.

There certainly seems to b adiscrepency within different panels, as others seem to have looked more in detail in reagards to what grades children were acheiving at school. Our panel did not seem all that interested. I keep wondering what it is they are looking for when making there decisions. I remember the chair asking the head of the grammer school, " Is a childs attitude important for GS" " He also asked about grades ...ect. This was when the head said that children come in to GS with both 4's and 5's, only around 50% of these children will be achieving a level 5 across the board.

Some of the other children felt the same, they all had mixed feeling at the first hearing, I wish I had questioned it now.

It so frustrating, I just wish the letter would come. I thinks i'm over analysing this too much.
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Good luck Kitty1509. Fingers crossed for a positive result.
kitty1509

Post by kitty1509 »

Thank you Twinkles, x
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

The obvious thing to me is that no 2 panels are looking for the same thing. You are over analysing but only because this matters to you!
I really hope you get the decision you are hoping for, you have worked hard and tried your best.

Good luck x
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

This was when the head said that children come in to GS with both 4's and 5's
This is the reality because (a) SATs measure something quite different from the 11+, and (b) KS2 predictions are just predictions.

I would have thought it's encouraging to see level 5 predictions across the board - but most children going to appeal will have this, so it's best regarded as a starting point.
Etienne
kitty1509

Post by kitty1509 »

OMG- I just rang the admission section and they have told me that they have not yet had the notes back from the clark for our appeal. However when they do get them back they are able to tell us the results over the phone.

I'm not sure what to do now, do you ring or don't. I was told that they could get the results back at any point during the day.
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Ask if they can just pop you on hold until they have them, otherwise you will be calling every 5 minutes!!!! Lol x

good luck :D
kitty1509

Post by kitty1509 »

This is just so frustrating, the Lady I spoke to this morning told me that they were able to tell us the results over the phone. However this afternoon, my friend who was also appealing rang and they said that they now have the results and the letter would be being posted this evening.

On the other had I rang back just now and they said that they are NOT alloud to tell us the results over the phone. I feel like I am getting mixed responses one says they can the other they carn't. Then one saifd letters would be sent today, then another thursday.

Now I'm wondering if they are only alloud to tell the ones who have been upheld, the results over the phone.

I know I am rabbiting on its just so confusing and stressful. Looks like it will be Thursday or Friday before this is over and we know were we stand.

Thank you for listening, moan over!!!!!