Appeal evidence

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tintin

Appeal evidence

Post by tintin »

I'm pulling together evidence for my daughter's appeal but am not sure if I want to include certain evidence or not as I don't know if it is 'good enough' as proof of 'high academic ability' - she is predicted level 5's in year 6 but her levels in year 4 were 4A 5C 4B. Is it better to omit these scores or are they proof of high ability? Similarly, her NFER scores for NVR were 128 in yr 4 and 121 yr5. Submit or not?

Thanks for any advice. l
Nathair

Re: Appeal evidence

Post by Nathair »

tintin wrote:I'm pulling together evidence for my daughter's appeal but am not sure if I want to include certain evidence or not as I don't know if it is 'good enough' as proof of 'high academic ability' - she is predicted level 5's in year 6 but her levels in year 4 were 4A 5C 4B. Is it better to omit these scores or are they proof of high ability? Similarly, her NFER scores for NVR were 128 in yr 4 and 121 yr5. Submit or not?

Thanks for any advice. l
Her year 4 levels are very good, they are the levels a lot of children don't get until year 6. I don't know about NFER scores as my DD's school don't do them
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
tintin

Post by tintin »

Thanks for such a quick reply - that's really helpful to know! :)
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

I think if you are going for a non-qualification appeal you need to get together as much academic evidance as you can, so i think both those nfer scores are good. I know there is alot of discussion about nfer scores on here in different threads so have a look round. look through the Q&A's if you have not yet done so.

Can the teacher give you a sub level for the level 5 SATS predictions? Levels 5a's would be great rather than level 5. At my dd's school they say the predicted level 5 but also said that they felt my dd is a 5b in maths and they would be saying that in the class teachers assesment. Perhaps you could get some info like that on your dc.

Reading ages as well are ment to be good evidance. Good luck
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

tiredmum wrote:...Can the teacher give you a sub level for the level 5 SATS predictions? ...
'tiredmum' is quite right about trying to obtain sub-levels. To an appeal panel L5 covers a vast range, however if the school can show a predicted sub-level, i.e. 5a/5b, then it would show a higher L5 than just a general L5. We did this for our DCs appeal and got the school to put these predicted sub-levels for the SATs on their headed paper. Copies of which were given to the appeal panel at the hearing - whether this helped I can't say but it did show the panel that our DC was academically performing at a higher level of work!!
Heartmum x x x
tintin

Post by tintin »

Excellent idea Tiredmum and Heartmum. I've just sent an email to DC's school asking for more specific predictions.
Thank you.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now