CAT score - NVR: link with science ability???

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

The main thing is to keep it as factual and positive as possible, and always bring the main emphasis back to the school you want
Excellent advice! :)

It's a good idea to preface any remarks with "We're really not here to criticise the school that's been allocated, but ......."
Etienne
cairo

Re: CAT score - NVR: link with science ability- APPEAL NOW H

Post by cairo »

Dear All,

Just to let you know that my son's appeal took place on Wednesday. It went as well as I could have expected and I am sure that my case was much better presented than if I had not found this site. Thanks to all who offered advice and also to those whose posts I have read over the past few months.

At one point I broke down in tears, when talking about a traumatic event my son experienced just before the exam. The Chair indicated I did not need to continue, but I remembered another person saying she felt she had not given the Panel all the information they required, when the same thing happened to her - so I continued through my tears, determined to give them the full picture.

Of course, I do not know what the result will be yet, but at least I feel that I could not have done any more. The Panel said my case was very well-presented and even the person representing the school wished me luck on the way out. Just keeping everything crossed now for my son.
T12ACY

Re: CAT score - NVR: link with science ability???

Post by T12ACY »

Good luck Cario!

I certainly was told I didn't need to answer the most upsetting question so didn't because I though it was obvious.... then when the decision was a no based on lack of evidence it was clear I should have answered it in full. You did the right thing, well done :)
Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
cairo

Post by cairo »

Just to let you all know that my son's appeal was successful!!! :D .

I can't begin to describe to you how happy he is, but I think that if he smiles any more his face will crack!

Many, many thanks to everyone who helped on this site. I will give more detailed feedback later - for the moment I am snowed under a large pile of paperwork from his new school.

Good Luck to everyone else who is still waiting.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Brilliant news, I bet there have been a few tears of joy shed in your household :) YIPPEE!!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Many, many congratulations! :D
Etienne
becs1

Post by becs1 »

congratulations
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

WELL DONE you :)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

well done!

I like good news
:D
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

WELL DONE 'cairo' ... I am so pleased for you and your DS :D :D :D
Heartmum x x x