Is this worth mentioning?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

confused mum bucks

Is this worth mentioning?

Post by confused mum bucks »

Whilst preparing my presentation it suddenly flashed into my mind something my son mentioned after taking his firt test which I had completley forgotten!! He was placed into a different classroom along with several others in his class to take the test as the school had exceptionally high numbers taking the 11+ this year, this was not the room in which he had taken the familiarisation papers. Is it worth mentioning? or am I clutching at straws! This may have been the cause of some disruption, I could ask the school for a note to confirm although it is too late to send it in advance as our D Day is the 11th!
(increasingly) confused mum bucks!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Stick to academic evidence - although you could briefly mention if they ask 'How did your child feel after first test?'

'He found it hard to settle as there was a lot of room changing' - but remember pupils move around all the time at Secondary school so they will need to cope with that.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi CMB

I agree with Guest55 - this is a little thing, too late. Stick to the hard facts of your child's academic evidence. If the panel ask for any reasons about the poorer result from the first test, then mention the switch of classroom, and that it was unexpected. No more than that.

Guest55 - isn't it time you registered on the forum? You are already providing a fantastic service to so many other members?

Good Luck CMB - let us know how you get on.

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

It's probably a lot more traumatic for children who have to come in to Aylesbury for central testing in a totally strange environment - but little if any allowance is made for them!
Etienne