First Appeal Declined

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
capers123

Re: First Appeal Declined

Post by capers123 »

Bundie1975 wrote:but that they wouldn't accept our particular parish (madness if every other school works on proximity eh?)
I think that there is something to be said for that approach. In a nearby large town to me, there are three primary schools, all close to each other, in a well-to-do area (so people move there to be in catchment). None are modern buildings, and none have any space to expand.

The LEA allocate spaces on a strict 'siblings first, then centre of house to centre of school ' measurement. There is a cluster of two or three roads in the middle of the three schools where most years children do not get a space in any of them. Every year they appeal. Every year, due to KS1 30-in-a-class rule, the appeals are not upheld, and they end up being allocated schools 2 miles away - often going past the front of one of the other schools to get there. If there was a 'parish' or 'local area' criteria, then this might not occur quite so much, though even then there would still be the 30 max rule.
(only slightly mind you....not hint of a smile or facial movement!) haha.
I tend to smile sympathetically at most parents. We're told by our legal advisor to have poker faces. Which reminds me of the super track 'Polka Face' by the German Berlin Speed Polka band Polkaholix (motto - "Polka, ska and rock'n'roll"). Bit off topic there!
Capers
Blakesmum

Post by Blakesmum »

'Leftovers'?????........
strange how CH have added another form this year to accomodate the large number of boys trying to get in!!! Many of which put the school as first choice but were given a high school, due to over subscription, not non-qualification!! (Which the head stated was unacceptable, and he would not allow a child deemed suitable for a grammar to be turned away)
'Leftovers' my ****!!!!!!

Obviously we are ecstatic DS is starting CH in sept. lol
jingle

Post by jingle »

And rightly so!
Not in the least surprised it is over subscribed. Sure your son will love it.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I have a friend with two sons at CH and they love it....and are both very charming boys.

Mine are both female of the species and I think Canterbury is out of catchment.....or I`d have looked myself.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now