just appealed for Folkestone School for Girls? *SUCCESS*

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

Phew it's all over - went very well and if what we did wasn't enough, then I can accept that - because we couldn't have done more or provided more info.
We should know before half term - argh.
:!:
panicattack!

Post by panicattack! »

Well done you on getting through the first hurdle. I am very pleased for you that you felt it went well as I am sure it did. Your dc will be very proud of you. So you have just over a week to wait.... keep yourself occupied as you can see from poor Kitty's thread, it would appear the worst part is in the waiting I am afraid.

Sending you lots of good vibes and a big hug for getting through it today. :)
T12ACY

Re: Has anyone just appealed for Folkestone School for Girls

Post by T12ACY »

Any news yet? How are you coping with the waiting game, which we found the hardest part of all?!
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

Well, I am ok but dh texts me and asks about post every time he leaves the house.....
DD - well, it's a bit hard at the mo, like it is for all of them, the local comp came to visit last week and she got put in her "house" which is brilliant as the nasty brats aren't with her - so at least we know she is with the nice group.
It's just the limbo period - we were told on appeal that there are 62 places and they had 70 appeals so we do have an advantage in this area - although they were clear that places were given on merit, not to fill the school.
We are away from friday evening til monday so I will get my mum to check the post saturday if we've not heard!!
Will have wifi at the campsite (caravaners) so will let you know if I hear anything!

thanks for asking X
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Good luck, we are in the East Kent area too and got the standard rejection on HT appeal but have just got a place on our appeal ( it took 6 days for the letter ).

The odds are in your favour, we did consider Folkestone ourselves but it was just that bit to far.

We`ll be on a campsite this weekend too...hope you hear and can enjoy.
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

ho hum

Heard nothing yet :roll:
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Ogremum wrote:ho hum

Heard nothing yet :roll:

How frustrating.....hope you have a good weekend whilst your waiting
Ogremum

Re: just appealed for Folkestone School for Girls? *SUCCESS*

Post by Ogremum »

Letter came yesterday, mum checked the post, rang dh, I saw the huge smile on his face and started to sob, real chest wracking sobs, and then he told dd she'd been accepted and I hugged her and immeadiately told her I wasnt proud of her. LOL I said it about 3 times "I'm not proud of you, I'm really not proud of you, I'm not proud of you"

LOL at myself, I was trying to pass on to her that if she hadn't been accepted I wouldn't have NOT been proud of her. It'll go down in family history......

"oh yeah I found out I was going to grammar school and my mum said she wasn't proud of me"

Thank you so much for all your help and support, I couldn't have done the letters or appeal presentation without the tips on here. One of her classmates also benefited as I advised HER mother on how to deal with her much much lower than expected score by telling her how to obtain the raw score. She got nearly every question that she anwered correct so they accepted her on her ability too. She just couldn't time manage.

I am sad for those who didnt get the result they wanted, and I KNOW my dd would have thrived at the local comp.
:D
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS Ogremum, so pleased for you and DD.
jingle

Post by jingle »

Very glad to hear your happy news :) Congratulations
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now