Re: TWGGS appeal

Post by heartmum »

EXCELLENT NEWS 'westerhamblue' :D :D :D
CONGRATULATIONS X X X
Heartmum x x x
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

CONGRATULATIONS! So pleased for you and DD.
omg

Post by omg »

Fantastic news! I assume you're still going to stay on the TOGS list and go to appeal if necessary? :?:
Westerhamblue

Post by Westerhamblue »

We have been out for a celebratory meal tonight. DD is delighted and it will be hard to convince her that TGS is still an option! She has close friends going to WOK and they seem to be more of a draw than her elder sister! Funny that! :o
But we will continue with our appeal for TGS, which was her first choice on the SCAF and see where that leaves us.
Thank you so much to all. :D
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

:D Delighted for you all. What ever you decide to do now the waiting and worrying is over. Sleep well - and enjoy waking up and wondering where that worry feeling has gone!
WesterhamMum

Post by WesterhamMum »

Oh what fantastic news Westerham Blue! :D

You must feel like the world has been lifted off your shoulders! It will be nice for you to go into the TGS appeal knowing that your daughter has a place at a wonderful school come what may. I know I would have been happy for my second DD to go to WOK, especially as it is so close to TGS so my DD's would still have been able to travel together. My DD's are rather strange though and cannot wait to be at the same school again! The uniform at WOK is much prettier too! :lol:

Mystery: My friend who has been offered a place at WOK from the waiting list had it second on her SCAF.
Ogremum

Post by Ogremum »

brilliant news :mrgreen:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thanks Westerham Mum. I don't know why but this year and last year it has not been possible to get offered Weald of Kent from Edenbridge on 1 March. In years prior to that it was possible. Last year it sorted itself out via waiting lists and / or appeals. This year it sounds as though from your friend's experience it must be sorting itself out through the waiting list.

It just makes me wonder if people who want to be sure of WOK places in the future (subject to passing of course) need to move out of the Edenbridge area, or if one can trust to luck with the waiting list in future years and stay put.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

Not wishing to hi jack the good news

but that seems to be happening in the Canterbury area too Mystery, Previously Herne and Whitstable kids went to the Langtons or Barton Court in Canterbury, or even QE in Faversham, last year alot got in on appeal, this year they`re not even getting in on appeal.....alot of them have siblings already attending, but this has held no weight. I think most of them are going to the Ramsgate Grammars. Is it a case of the catchment shrinking in your area too?
Westerhamblue

Post by Westerhamblue »

It gets better! DD was offered a place at TGS today! :D
Big decision to make tonight but good news for others who are on the waiting list!
Good luck everyone!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now