Kent appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Is it worth appealing to both grammar schools?
I would start by finding out the success rate for appeals in recent years at each school.
will each one know??
I doubt it.
If at appeal they ask me if i have a place anywhere for DD shall i say yes?
I can't advise you to tell anything other than the truth. I suggest you say 'Yes,' but go on to say why the allocated school, good as it is (it's always best not to appear negative), wouldn't meet your daughter's needs.
also pratice kent tests showed low result aswell????Will appeal panel know about these marks?
I doubt it.

Congratulations on getting first choice high school! :D
Etienne
becs1

Post by becs1 »

once again thanks for all your help :D

Appeal info submitted and today phoned for potential date of hearing. Was told between 21st and 25th of June!! School already oversubscribed and approx 60 appeals cases to be heard on these dates!!!

Does not fill me with much hope :cry:

Do school hold open a number of places for appeals????
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Appeal so late in June???? Wow that is a long time to wait! We had provisionally been told the hearing should have taken place by 21st May, also in Kent, but not yet had any confirmation.

As for holding places for appeals, if only that were the case.... the answer is no they don't hold any places, but any appeals which are accepted they have to take.
becs1

Post by becs1 »

thanks for that info :lol: if you phone sessions house 01622694290/694369 they will now give dates of appeal and i asked how many appealing
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

Wonderful, thank you :)
becs1

Post by becs1 »

can anyone help? DD did have head teachers appeal(Kent) which was not successful. Will this now count as a full review and when i go to appeal be just a case of whether it was conducted fairly????Will i only know when received appeal confirmation letter???School was not aware of full circumstances when headteachers appeal done :o
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

The Head Teacher Assessment Referral, which is what I think you mean if it is Kent and not Medway, does not count as a formal referral. The panel will be provided with a copy, as will you, of this document.

If at all possible, if you haven't already, ask the school for a copy of the referral. They may not want to provide it but I am sure if you explain that it will be produced as part of the appeal so you just want to be able to ensure your case fully considers it I can't see why they would withold it.

I produced evidence of a situation which was not reported by the HT, but supported by them in my appeal, and can honestly say the panel did in a round about way ask why HT didn't mention it. The fact was they didn't but I could evidence it fully. Not every HTAR is as thorough as perhaps it might be!

Good luck, it is a ridiculously stressful process but you won't regret giving it your absolute best shot!
Fluffy66

Post by Fluffy66 »

I can only echo T12acys post.

I would hope your school would provide you with a copy. A very critical and obvious detail was missed from our HT appeal.

Fluffy
becs1

Post by becs1 »

thankyou ladies for the advice :D Had before asked for a copy but school not very forthcoming!!! They did orginally say HT appeal turned down on lack of evidence???? There were some circumstances on the day that they were not aware of, but equally i was not aware headteacher was going to appeal for DD. Just hope this has not ruined my chances at appeal.Had i known they were going to appeal would have told them!!!!Have now demanded a copy of HT appeal.......Something tells me i wont like it as they have been very keen for me not to see it!!!
becs1

Post by becs1 »

as yes i am Kent not Medway :D