Drawing to a close?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
dissapointed mum

Drawing to a close?

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hello all,
I take it most appeals have been heard now, and are slowly tailing off, as it seems to have gone pretty quiet on this site.
I have my appeal on Monday at 11.45 and cant wait to get it over and done with. I would sincerely like to thank all those of you who have posted information on this site regarding their appeal as I feel more prepared than I did before hand. Im sorry to those of you who did not make it through the appeal process, I truly sympathise with you, and I still may yet be one of that group, I have fully prepared myself for that eventuallity, and if it were not for you people, I wouldnt be as prepared to accept the decision that is made by the panel. I realise that by reading some of your posts, that they do get it wrong, and we just have to live with it.
I will let you all know how I get on and what our result is. Thanks again to everyone
:) DM
Darren

Post by Darren »

Yes please let us know how is goes.

Good Luck I really hope you are successful.

Darren
Claire

appeals results

Post by Claire »

Lots of appeals are still taking place,and well into february.We are the last today, out of 7 from our school, so far 4 have heard back and all been successful, with scores of 119 and 120
Hope we aren't the exception!
louise

Post by louise »

Good Luck disappointed mum. I can well understand wanting to get it over with. By the time I get to appeal ( probably mid- April) nearly six months will have passed since receiving my child's results. I feel we have had to put life on hold and wish, in our area, the system was less cruel. All the best.
Guest38

Post by Guest38 »

Had our appeal on Tuesday and have just had the great news that we were successful! Am over the moon and so relieved this process is over! My son got 115/119, ranked 2 on OofS, 1:1 recommendation, predicted 5 Sats. I will say we hassled the school for evidence of recent test results/assessments which showed high academic ability and thinked this helped our case. However, another boy who got 119 (ranked 10th) and a girl who got 119 (ranked 23rd) and didn't take any academic evidence, were successful but a girl who got 120 (ranked 9th) wasn't! What do you make of that? Good luck to you all.
Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

HI DM,

We are also still waiting and the wait is a killer! I too have noticed that the posts on this forum have died down considerably but I still log in every day 2 - 3 times to see if any more results have come in. I feel truly sorry for those people who have still got weeks to go. We got are papers today which makes it seem like it is close to hand. Best of luck to you DM I hope that you let us know either way next week and hope you are not unlucky. We are also the last to go from our school and all so far have been successful. I do not have good vibes about the process and it seems pretty subjective and so feel we will not succeed but cant wait till it is all over now.

My commiserations go out to all of you who have not succeeded if you are still logging-in, chance are it is too painful. If you are out there Ambrose etc we still feel for you and I almost feel as if I have lost an old friend.

Still Waiting
Guest1
Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Hi Guest38,

Just read your post and this re-iterates my point, that it is very subjective. The mark doesnt seem to be that relevant and it depends on which panel you get. My son is ranked 2 -2 with predicted 5 sats and this now seems to be fairly average reading all the posts on this site. It seems that v. high rankings and 1 -1 have a good chance and those with good mitigating circumstances, severe illness disruption etc. Anyway I will hope till the end.

Guest1
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi Guest 1
It does seem like you need a lucky lottery ticket doesnt it with those sorts of stories. How very odd for the 120 child not to get through. Did they take acedemic evidence with them?
Well lets just hope we have a decent panel and listen carefully to everything said, and read all paperwork carefully. I think its a case of us really highlighting their true academivc ability and showing all areas of their capabilities in their school work with examples .
Good luck and keep us updated. When is your appeal date?
DM
Suki

Post by Suki »

hi our appeal was succesful - 120 twice, 2:1 and 5 for SATs,he wasn't ranked but got the a letter from the school explaining why. Like to say thanks to everyone who has posted info here, especially Etienne.

Good Luck to those still waiting.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news - well done to you and your child!

Which school are you hoping for?