LEA Rep in HEARING

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi guest 7
Had thought about that, so apologies if it offends him or anyone else, however it wont change any result, and will possible make others aware and prepare them for this type of LEA rep who doesnt seem to take extenuating circumstances into consideration.
DM

LEA reps

Post by 08 »

I have to say that they seem to vary considerably. A friend said hers was very tricky and asked lots of negative questions whereas mine was really helpful and pointed out lots of supporting evidence - I think I was making such a hash of it he felt compelled to help out. Both of us were successful though.

Post by Guest »

DM I think your comments are both outrageous and ageist.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Guest,

DM's remarks are made in the heat of the moment whilst under long term stress and she has already apologised so probably best if we all calm down. :(

stevew61
Darren

Post by Darren »

Until each and everyone of us has been through the same as DM then we can't criticise DM for her remarks.

I have seen people come out of these appeals in tears as they have been basically put down by LEA reps who have too much to say, who basically have no right to be doing this as it should be left to Appeal panel members.

So she has every right to be upset and angry, The LEA rep is a representative of the LEA and exactly just that.

Not Judge and jury which is what some of these jobsworths come across as.

I would go Ballistic if a LEA rep took control of a appeal and started asking all the wrongs things and affecting the outcome.

Darren.
Darren

Post by Darren »

I also thought DM's post was about nasty panel members.

When I re-read and saw LEA rep I nearly died.

I can understand a cold panel member but not a LEA rep...
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

Thanks Darren and Stevew61 for your support, yes I have apologised and after I composed myself and thought about things yes maybe I was a bit harsh, but it does hurt when an LEA rep, who in my eyes is supposed to be the goody, can point to one little sentance( and seemed to have not listedned to any of the extenuating circumstances that we as a family have been through over the past 2yrs,) and turn it into somethig that can make 3 other people think would be huge problem that could sway a decision. To say that if a child can not grasp a concept straight away will be no good in a grammar school and they are better of in a comprehensive, when they dont even know my child and what he is capable of, I think is harsh. Since when do chiildren grasp something straight away ALL of the time, for every subject. My son is a wizz in Maths, gets fantastic grades for maths, but he didnt highlight that teachers comments. I just felt like I was punched in the stomach, thats all.
Once again apologies if I offended him and anyone else.
A question to guest...Have you been through an appeal??
DM
Old Fossill

Post by Old Fossill »

I am feeling very sad that you think I look so old, it must be all these appeals I have to sit on! :cry:
Guest66

Post by Guest66 »

Oops!

Post by Guest »

Darren wrote:
I have seen people come out of these appeals in tears as they have been basically put down by LEA reps ......

Darren.
Exactly how many people have you seen coming out of appeals? Do you make a habit of hovering outside Bucks cc reception or what??!!

And yes, I have been through an appeal.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now