ranking

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Post by Guest »

Thanks Etienne

Gosh! Thats scary, do you know if its the same in Kent? I know that the HT is appealing for my child, presumably this ranking would assist this!

I would assume they deem her suitable or they would not appeal.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Not sure about the procedure in Kent.

The problem with the headteacher recommendations in Bucks is that, if they turn out overall to be wildly over-optimistic in the light of the actual results, then headteacher support at an appeal may lack credibility.

Good luck with your "headteacher appeal". (Bucks used to have a similar review stage, but it was abolished to fit in all the 11+ appeals before 1st March.)

Regards
Etienne
guest1

Post by guest1 »

Hi Etienne, I tried to see the Head today but she has ben off sick but i did phone Bucks Hi Admission to try and find out things. I was told the Head put NA on academic potential, attitude and oos means she has not originally made a decision on any of the above or she did not have any statistics/information to work on to be able to determine who was suitable /not suitable and she has done this on the headteacher summary sheet later submitted with the appeal.

They also said the Head only need to give further letter if she was changing her original decision but in this case she hasn't because she has not put anything down in the first place

What are your views on this? Do you think I should still go and see her, the only problem i have been told she is not due back in school until another week. I will appreciate your comments on this

Guest1
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Guest1

Could you confirm that this is a Bucks local authority school, and also tell me the appendix numbers at the back of your appeal papers?

Thanks
Etienne
guest1

Post by guest1 »

To Etienne.
Thanks for replying
Our school is in Slough and the appendix numbers are 1B and 2 only. No appendix 3, I think I can see why you are asking for the appendix numbers, appendix 3 has not been supplied because i think the school has not provided one.

This is all mind boggling for me. I await your response

Guest1
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Guest1

All is clear! There's no cause for alarm. As it's not a Bucks school, the original order of suitability was not obligatory. The LA rep. will probably explain this at your hearing, but if not, you can point this out, and also report the details of your phone call to Admissions.

Best wishes
Etienne
guest1

Post by guest1 »

Etienne, you are a life saver. Thank you very much for your help, greatly appreciated.

At least I can have a bit of sleep rest assured that i will not need to be giving explanation on why the Head has not ranked/changed her mind. All I need to do now is focus on the mitigating circumstance and pray harder than i have ever done before.

Guest1
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now