Earliest date for appeals & other questions

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tigger2

Re: Earliest date for appeals & other questions

Post by tigger2 »

Many thanks T12ACY for your words of wisdom !

I need some more words of wisdom from Etienne :lol: I have heard from the LGO today and they recommend a fresh hearing for Skinners but wonder if we will be successful due to pan etc etc.....Also they are of the firm view that it is likely that they will recommend the same for our TWGSB one too.....hurray I said but they said that they thought that it was possible that they were just about to become an academy .....in which case they couldn't intervene....... :cry: :cry: :cry: what a nightmare this would be as it really is our best chance of getting our son a place. Any thoughts on this would be very welcome

Many thanks
Tigger
xx
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Hi, Tigger
I have heard from the LGO today and they recommend a fresh hearing for Skinners but wonder if we will be successful due to pan etc etc.....Also they are of the firm view that it is likely that they will recommend the same for our TWGSB one too
Good news as far as it goes. Well done!

Still some way to go, and the LGO is rightly being cautious.

With regard to being over PAN, it rather depends how the numbers break down, as I discussed earlier in this thread.

You could also ask any future panel - very politely of course :) - to consider whether it would be right for your son to be disadvantaged through no fault of his own.

If the school were to become an academy, it might be necessary to resubmit your complaint to the academy and then to the YPLA if necessary, although I suspect it would again be upheld. Not what you want to hear, but the later the appeal, the greater the chance of some movement. If just one pupil were to drop out, it puts you in a slightly stronger position for an appeal.
Etienne
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hello Etienne,

I have sent an email regarding a recent LGO decision and wondered if you could take a look when you have a moment?

Many thanks
Tigger
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Morning everyone !

Just thought that I would say hi ....after more than a few fraught weeks I think ds is beginning to smile again in his new school :D We are still aiming for a gs place for him so it will be more than likely that we will be having year 8 appeals next Spring/Summer. Advice from Kcc has been that the earliest I can apply for a year 8 place will be next May...it is very unlikely that any places will be available so we will have to appeal :roll

So in the meantime I have to think of other things to worry about....this is not a huge problem..we now have to consider schools for dd and she is going to take the 11+ next Autumn...... :lol: :lol:

Tigger
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I've followed your story, Tigger and after all that stress I'm surprised you're not a gibbering wreck ! It's good news that DS is settling into his school and that there are other options still available. Is there a chance that DS may not want to move after a year or is his current school really unsuitable ? I hope everything goes more smoothly with DD. :)
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Really good to hear from you and that all is not doom and gloom. I have wondered about you so much and how it was going for the whole family. Keep us informed and I hope your DS thrives wherever he is x :)
outofboroughmum

Post by outofboroughmum »

Morning everyone !

Just thought that I would say hi ....after more than a few fraught weeks I think ds is beginning to smile again in his new school We are still aiming for a gs place for him so it will be more than likely that we will be having year 8 appeals next Spring/Summer. Advice from Kcc has been that the earliest I can apply for a year 8 place will be next May...it is very unlikely that any places will be available so we will have to appeal :roll

So in the meantime I have to think of other things to worry about....this is not a huge problem..we now have to consider schools for dd and she is going to take the 11+ next Autumn......

Tigger
Tigger2,

Up till today, I am sure a lot of people having read this thread would have wondered how it fared with you and your DS :( :( :( . So you cannot imagine how like the first appearing of the sun after a long and bitter winter your posting today is :D :D :D . It also came at the right time just couple of days/weeks to the results :roll: .

I have spent over 2 hours reading your thread with the greatest admiration and I write this with tears in my eyes for the faith, struggle, strength, hope and love of a caring mother for a child. Your child is very lucky and blessed to have you for a mother (and thanks to your husband too for being there to prop you up when needed :lol: ).

Like Sherry d kept saying to you throughout, I too believe no matter the school your child goes to, with you behind him, he will definitely do well.

With your wealth of experience about 11+, I am sure your dearest DD will do well at this exam. I look forward to your future posting of victories.

Thank you very much for your thread as it has opened our eyes to more things to consider in deciding to appeal or not and also what to expect. Thanks again :D .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now