Strange!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dissapointed mum

Post by dissapointed mum »

Hi there,
Our school is an independant school ibn Berkshire, so an OOS was not done by our head. She did support us in our appeals, so theres no problem there. From the mums I have spoken to they had good support too from her, with all of the kids bar one being given 5 predictions for Sats. The one boy got a 5 prediction for English and Science, but not maths. So we all of course stand in the school ground discussing the weirdness of it all and we just came to the conclusion maybe the panel doesnt think much of our school!!!
With regard to the other kids who didnt get through, 2 of them are going to go to the local secondary, we are possibly moving to Bournemouth, and I have sent off my forms for him to get into St Peters down there,and the other4 are carrying on through the private sector.
DM
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's probably more to do with your cases just not being strong enough - please don't assume anything else.
katel

Post by katel »

If the panels didn't like independent schools, then a significant proportion of grammar school places wouldn't be filled by independent school pupils.
dissapointed mum

I realise alot of grammar school places are filled by independant school kids, and Im not assuming anything , all I was doing was pointing out that it was a bit strange that all 7 from the same school didnt get through the appeal thats all. As far as I am concerned its all over and done with, we have moved on, we are possibly going to Bournemouth (find out in 2 weeks time) and our son is down on the list for a very good Catholic School. He can also sit the test for Bournemouth Grammar, but if he gets a place at St Peters, then we will stick with that. He will sit the test just as another option for a school, incase we are put on a waitlist.
Although its all over with, I still enjoy coming onto the site, reading other peoples fantastic news, and comiserating with others who havent recieved good news.Its a pretty addictive site!!
Best wishes
DM (although not so disappointed anymore!)
Dooby doo

Post by Dooby doo »

Disappointed mum - you really need to learn how to spell - for entry into grammar school you need to set a good example you know.
dissapointed mum

Oh go pick on somebody else, If you havent got the balls to register on the site, then dont be so picky to people who are registered and genuine, as you obviously arent.
I havent done or said anything to pick on other people on this site, I have always written with support for others, and concern. All I seem to get is negative comments .
The only great respect I have is for Etienne, Catherine and Sally Anne. So thankyou to you 3 for your fantastic help and support through my appeal, and keep up the good work for all those other people just starting down the long road of 11+
DM
Darren

Post by Darren »

DM,

Good luck whatever you choose.. I'm sure it will all work out. this time next year you will look back and laugh at the sillyness of it all.

Are you considering moving home to Bournemouth for Schooling reasons ? Or are you originally from there ?

I've never thought about moving to another area just purely to get my child into a decent school. I suppose they come first but this is a big decison.

Keep around on the newsgroup and let us know what happens I value your sensible posts... Unlike others.

Darren
dissapointed mum

Thanks Darren appreciate your posts.
No we arent moving to Bournemouth for school reasons, Its my husbands work that is moving us there. It just happens to have come to fruition round this time. If it doesnt go through, like I mentioned we should know in 2 weeks time, then we will be staying where we are, which I would be very happy about, as my frineds and family are all here. My mum lives just 1 street away, and I have a 2 year old little girl who she helps out with and they will really miss her as I will. So No its not for school reasons at all. Also the 2 year old has been seriously ill since being born, and we make regular trips to Great Ormond Street Hospital with her, so it will be further away for us to get to if we move. However on the bright side, the change of the air will help her so thats a good plus, as living in the Thames Valley sump, she will be prone to asthma type illnesses and chest infections etc etc.
I will keep you posted as to our outcome, but Im pretty much settled with the local secondary if we stay here, we have had our tour round, met the head and my son is comfortable with it.He will do well wherever he goes.
Thanks for your posts and support. Best wishes with all you do and the future.
DM

Post by Guest »

I don't know what it is about you DM but you do seem to bring out the bad side in a lot of people on this site having read previous posts here and on the Dorset site. I wonder why? :?
gloucestermum

well said!!!

Post by gloucestermum »

[quote="dissapointed mum"]Oh go pick on somebody else, If you havent got the balls to register on the site, then dont be so picky to people who are registered and genuine, as you obviously arent.

Well said to you! This site is meant to be a place where we can all give and get advice,not to be criticised.Good luck to you whatever happens.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now