Bucks appeal at 114! Help...

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

drummer

Re: Bucks appeal at 114! Help...

Post by drummer »

KT36 wrote:Thank you both, I really appreciate your advice.

S-A, I left between the 2 exams but DS knew I was going and things frazzled at home. School aware of problem but at present I don't know how they'll word letter. Thanks also for your PM, I've contacted the lady (who is based v close to us) and hopefully meeting her next week.

We really do feel that the change in homelife (no extra curriclular activities and me being away) stressed him as he honestly wasn't himself. His academic history has been really consistent throughout primary. We are following up with the lady SA recommended as it does seem odd that he did so badly.
You instinct may well be right. Our HT, knowing that my DD has a ridiculously busy extra curricular schedule but that she is also rather anxious, specifically warned us before the test not to change her schedule because he had seen in the past how this could really stress children and inadvertantly pile the pressure on. I wouldn't have changed anything anyway but it was nice to have his support. It was a little worrying though as we did virtually no preparation after term started and everyone else seemed to be in overdrive.
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Hi Drummer, I wish we hadnt stopped DS as I'm sure it made a difference. He is very keen at a particular sport which he did 3 times a week in the evenings.

S-A, yes away for 2nd test, returned 2 days after last test.
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Hi S-A and Etienne

I've a quick question on what to take with us to the appeal. DS school have been great and the HT has already sent home photocopies of DS school work whcih has been marked and he's had excellent or other very good comments. Is it OK to take these photocopies or should I be asking for the actual books. The HT obviously thinks photocopies are fine as that's what she's alreday sent home. We have originals of DS project work.

thanks

KT36
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi KT36

The appeals Q&A covers this point. Photocopies are discouraged because they may be unclear.

S-A
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Thanks S-A, spotted section after I posted, should have looked first :? . Will ask DS teacher for actual books. Thanks again.

KT
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi KT

No problem. I actually meant to write "the Appeals Q&A E12 covers this point", but somehow that didn't quite happen. :oops:

S-A
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Apologies to ask another question :?

I'm submitting additional evidence in support of DS appeal, do I need to explain in the covering letter why I am sending additional evidence which wasn't included with the original appeal?

KT
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

No, you could simply ask for it to be included with your other case papers.
Etienne
KT36

Post by KT36 »

Many thanks Etienne!

This forum (and in particular you and S-A) is an absolute godsend :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

We're glad to be of help. :)
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now