Where do I start?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bubblehead

Where do I start?

Post by bubblehead »

I am currently trying to put all the information together for my dd's appeal against non qualification. I know all the information that I want to give but I am at a loss as to how to present it!

Can anyone tell me the best way to present both the written information and the oral presentation. The hardest part is the opening paragraph. I think once I get started it will flow (I hope).

Can anyone give me any tips about how they have presented the information or even a sample of the opening paragraph.

Thanks

bubblehead x x x
hermanmunster

Re: Where do I start?

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Bubblehead - welcome to the forum,

It is very difficult writing these things and perhaps the opening paragraph is the worst.

Have you read this bit? http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it gives some ideas.

Just have a go at a draft using this - you can always refine it and add your own style
Globalinc

Re: Where do I start?

Post by Globalinc »

Hi B-

My advice (for what it’s worth!) is not to stress about too much about an intro. I simply put one sentence, and followed the other information given on this site: "We would be grateful if the following extenuating circumstances and academic achievements could be considered alongside X's 11 plus score as evidence that - is suitable for GS." then launched in with the appropriate subheadings. This is not a test of your own ability to write well, and it will immediately draw the reader's attention to what matters.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now