Report on 11+ Appeal today

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tuttermouse

Re: Report on 11+ Appeal today

Post by tuttermouse »

thanks to all for congrats and heartfelt wishes! really appreciate them and know how you're feeling - we'll be watching your journeys too and we're keeping everything still crossed for all those still to appeal or waiting for the response! hang in there! all of the very best and all of us are here in times of need or worry or hopefully jubilation! what a great site this is!
tuttermouse
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Etienne wrote:
Woolford wrote:I am just wondering, why the panels have been asking about finishing the test - what do they conclude from this answer?
I suspect that quite often it's just a 'filler question' and no signifcance is attached to the answer.

However, I can see that in some cases it might be of significance, e.g. child with dyslexic tendencies, request for extra time refused, child didn't finish the test.
I agree, it is normally a filler. Likewise, sometimes we ask to see the answer papers, but given that they're multiple choice, and we don't see the question papers, there's again little that can be gleaned. Unless, of course, it's a certain type of question that the child has had problems with (so you can see a whole block of answers wrong in an otherwise OK paper), the case rests upon the child having - say - a developmental problem, and that problem is reflected in the wrong answers. But usually, it's a filler.
Capers
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Congratulations, tuttermouse! :)

You can help other parents by filling in a full report on the feedback section.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =35&t=9205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This thread will gradually drop down the list and disappear ......
Etienne
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Many congratulations, Tuttermouse :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now