parents advice (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moon

Re: parents advice (Bucks)

Post by moon »

Firstly, well done to you both. Great news.
I would be interested to hear about Stage 1 when you have a second. Where did the school fall down on their prejudice claim?
dad66

Re: parents advice (Bucks)

Post by dad66 »

Hi, sorry was sorting out after school activities , To be totally honest i am still not too sure what happened .
I thought when the school rep read out their reasons ; too many pupils,not enough room in classes as the school was old , bags all over the corridors that could be a h+s issue ,that we had absolutely no chance of getting a place.
The panel was made up of three quite oldish men and as we walked in our heart sank , i am sorry if i sound ageist but i honestly thought they looked like they would do no favours,,,,,How wrong was i!!!!!.
As soon as they had introduced themselves they got straight into the rep and as i said earlier i felt so sorry for them , the panel felt that the school figures ie;tech places and classroom places did not add up to which they could not explain so they adjourned for the rep to check up on a few things ,,,,the ones i can remember;; max amount in year ever, any reported accidents due to bags or overcrowding in school in last five years,, catchment distance cutoff for the ones that had got in after 12+.
There were others but im sorry i cannot remember as my head was all over the place.
The letter from the appeal states ....The IAP believed the admission arrangements were lawful and correctly applied however the addmision of an additional child would not predudice the education or efficient use of resources, therefore the iap felt no need to go to stage 2.
This panel (and i told them) have made such a change to our lifes i cannot put into words , the black cloud that loomed over us has now gone , You prob have heard this a million times but we did this for our son because it is what he wanted , not us, it seems like the grin that he has on his face made it all worthwhile and i would go through it all again for him. ( god , i hope not though)
So keep up the fight, easy for me to say now but atleast you will know you tried your best.
All the best
David
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now