Appeal failure at 120

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Does seem very cruel though. His brothers already there 0.8 miles away etc etc and 120 mark, level 5 Sats and still failed appeal.

I don't understand this. It has success written all over it.
What you don't know is how strong the other appeals were on the day - it could be that you had a strong case, but unluckily for you, the others were stronger.

Also, whilst your son is on G&T register for sports, I would not pay much attention to that - in fact I'd be wondering if the school puts academically gifted children on the register and why your son wasn't on it for that. Sorry about that.

Capers
Capers
New Appeal Parent

Post by New Appeal Parent »

Hi Capers 123

When we had our appeal (still awaiting the outcome), the panel asked us whether our child was recognised as G & T in school as in our appeal we had mentioned that he was G&T as usually top in class for maths and invited on a G&T course for summer. This is since change of Head in the school. However he had never been on the G&T register before. As a matter of fact our primary school is average and they only pay attention to SEN not G&T children as I had never heard of G&T before. This might change with the New Head. So our anwer to the panel was that our child was not recognised before. Now I think this answer may not satisfy the Panel as we did not elaborate the type of school our child is in at present. We are worried about the outcome of our appeal.

New appeal parent
capers123

Post by capers123 »

New Appeal Parent wrote:As a matter of fact our primary school is average and they only pay attention to SEN not G&T children as I had never heard of G&T before.
That sound so familiar. I know my childrens school has a G& T register, but no-one makes use of it.
So our anwer to the panel was that our child was not recognised before.

Don't worry - we panel members know that different schools operate G&T policies, so don't hold non-membership of G&T schemes against your child. It's also quite possible for a bright child to underacheive throughout schol & not get picked up by the staff.

Capers
Capers
New Appeal Parent

Post by New Appeal Parent »

Thanks Capers 123