Kent appeal help please

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Kent appeal help please

Post by pheasantchick »

I've to fill in my appeals form and would like some tips as to what to include. I've asked my ht for a report. do i include this with the appeals letter, o r state that further reports from x, y and z are available on request.

I feel quite nervous about filling the form in. I don't want to let my ds down. He's done everything we asked of him, and now i've to do my best for him.

Incidentally, our appeal is for Judd. We missed getting in by one point (score of 416, Judd score required 417) .

Thanks for all your support.
tigger2

Re: Kent appeal help please

Post by tigger2 »

Hi Pheasantchick,

I have just filled out three of these forms and after advice from the experts here have just put a short sentence to explain that I will be submitting further details shortly. I could have sent some of my evidence in now and the rest later but opted to send it all in one go.

Have to admit I had a complete brain freeze moment when I had to complete the form so I understand how you feel :roll:
good luck!
Tigger
Etienne

Re: Kent appeal help please

Post by Etienne »

pheasantchick wrote:I've to fill in my appeals form and would like some tips as to what to include. I've asked my ht for a report. do i include this with the appeals letter, o r state that further reports from x, y and z are available on request
It's not the role of Appeals to request evidence, so it's entirely your responsibility to submit it. If you need more time, then as Tigger says, you can write "Evidence to follow".

An example of a simple letter of appeal can be found here:
non-qualification: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[If places are allocated according to score, it's worth arguing (if appropriate) that an even higher score was expected - provided there is the evidence to support this.]

oversubscription: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 35&t=15025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(scroll down to no. 14)
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now