tiffin appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
whichwitch

Re: tiffin appeal

Post by whichwitch »

Fairness, I'm really confused now. Why would you ask about mobility issues if there are no mobility issues? I'm also a bit confused about what you want from an EP report? Are there any suspected issues with your child that you anticipate the Ed Psych will discover. If you thought there was a problem why wait until after the test?
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

Sorry to sound so blunt but I think you may be clutching at straws here. I understand how hard it is when you dc doesn't get a place I was in this position 4 years ago but appeals for Tiffin are very difficult to win and you will find it hard to get any info regarding what makes an appeal successful, even more secret than talking about tutors. To be successful you need a very strong case I know of one success last year where illness during the exam was involved.
FAIRNESS

Post by FAIRNESS »

Thanks for your reply Louise 2, after reading the previous appeals , i was thinking to get EP report to prove my son IQ to panel and thanks again for understanding my position.
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

Well that's the second time you have completely ignored me Fairness, I find that quite rude so I won't bother offering any further advice. Good luck.
FAIRNESS

Post by FAIRNESS »

Dear Which Which
I am very sorry,I did'nt ignored you, I have too much in my plate, my sincere apploigy. i hope you understand my situvation, thanks for your support.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Fairness, re the ed pysch report - even if you got one and it demonstrated very high levels, it would be then up to you to explain why your child did not perform on the day. It would also have to be backed up with high quality evidence of academic attainment from their current school.

It might be helpful if you tell us your DC's scores and the evidence from the primary school that you have - then we can try to advise you.
FAIRNESS

Post by FAIRNESS »

Thanks hermanmunster
i pm you
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Thank you for the pm, I think you have sent me CAT scores rather than the 11 plus score - do you have that? It would be more helpful if you posted them on the main forum.
FAIRNESS

Post by FAIRNESS »

Thanks hermanmunster
11+ score 223
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Thanks fairness, I understand that the cutoff for this years exam was 228 so you are a bit short of the score needed and you have to remember that there will be many many children with scores between 223 and 228. However you can appeal if you have really good academic evidence and some strong reasons as to why you child did not get the score expected on the day.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now