Secondary School Appeals - Guidance

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
laurawrigley

Secondary School Appeals - Guidance

Post by laurawrigley »

My daughter passed the Kent test with good scores and would like to go to a co educated school.

We went round all the schools and made our selection of the co ed grammar schools.

We live in a Bermuda Triangle and are some distance from the schools.

We achieved our 3rd choice option, currently a girls school and a boys school that are merging from Sept 2011. At open evening we were advised the curriculum would be co taught. Their prospectus states some core subjects may be single sex taught.

Whilst not happy with our 3rd choice, it was ok until we received a letter advising that ALL subjects would now be single sex taught in key stage 3.

I am on the waiting list and will be appealing to our 1st and 2nd choice based upon the co education route and the fact that my daughter's father passed away and school is the male influence in her life. I have also briefly looked at the school's curriculum and linked her character and personality to that. In addition, we did not apply knowing to a single sex school. I firmly believe it will be of detriment to her later education if she is not in a mixed environment.

Is this enough?
Etienne

Re: Secondary School Appeals - Guidance

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!

You do have a case, but I'm afraid only your particular appeal panel will be able to say whether it's strong enough. They will have a number of 'variables' to take into account, certainly including how strong a case the admission authority/school put forward for resisting further admissions, and probably including the strength of other appellants' cases.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now