Waiting lists again - how does it work?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rubyhettybetty

Re: Waiting lists again - how does it work?

Post by rubyhettybetty »

whitehart wrote:Dear Admissionslady

Can you go on the waiting list for a school that wasn't originally on your form (a grammar in Tunbridge Wells) as I have been told by KCC that you can not?

Many Thanks
:roll:
You can in Medway!
jingle

Post by jingle »

I thought it was possible to go on waiting list for a non CAF school after 31st March in Kent. It could have changed, or I could be completely wrong (more likely)
Does anyone know? It should say in the admissions booklet surely!
Kent99

Post by Kent99 »

Whitehart
Up until last year I think you used to be able to go on the waiting list of any Kent school for which you were qualified, whether or not it was on your CAF. This year, however, the waiting list procedure has apparently changed so that KCC holds and administers the waiting lists for all schools (including foundation schools) rather than the schools doing it themselves. It is therefore quite possible that you can no longer join the lists for schools not on the CAF. If KCC won't accept your application to join a list for a school not on your CAF I think you will have to take their word for it that you can't- unless anyone has any evidence that they have allowed other people to do so.
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

Dear Kent99

that's what I have been told

:(
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

http://www.kent.gov.uk/education_and_le ... laces.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Located in the FAQ's
Can I apply for a place at a school I did not name on my SCAF?
Yes. From 4 April 2011 you can apply for a place at secondary schools that you have not already
applied for on your SCAF by completing a Late Secondary Application Form and sending it to the
Admissions & Transport Team at KCC, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone ME14 1XQ. You
can download this from our website http://www.kent.gov.uk/secondaryadmissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or ring the Admissions
Team on 01622 696565 for a copy. If your child does not get a place you will have the right of
appeal and you can ask for your child to be placed on the waiting list.
It looks like you have to wait until 4th April in Kent.
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

Dear Mitasol

Many thanks for that info! I rang up KCC last week and was told there was no way to apply to go on a waiting list of an unlisted school and I would have to wait until September to submit an in year casual admission form!!
I will get in touch with them again!
:D
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

Dear mitasol again!

Thinking about it would that apply to us as we are OOC or do I need to contact my own county council? :shock:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I think that you still have to apply through your own LEA.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

KCC are always giving wrong answers - it depends who you get on the phone! Good luck!
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

Morning All

Spoke to ? at KCC this morning and you can apply for the late admissions form but not until 4th April when it will be avaliable on line.

:D