comparison with Warwickshire and Worcestershire

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sproket

comparison with Warwickshire and Worcestershire

Post by Sproket »

My daughter sat the 11+ for camp hill girls school, she scored 220 and the pass mark was 222 (so close) I have registered an appeal, however I am also looking into possibly getting into Alcester Grammer as we have now moved to Redditch,
Could someone advise if it is the same scoring method as Camp Hill, and what the scores were this year so I can see how close she is?

Many Thanks
legaraal

Re: comparison with Warwickshire and Worcestershire

Post by legaraal »

Have a look at the Warks forum, the info about scoring is there. The way the scores are calculated for the Warks 11 plus is different from how they were calculated for this year's King Edwards 11 plus. You needed 329 to get into Alcester Grammar this year. If your daughter scored 220 for Camp Hill, then that is very roughly equal to 330 the way the Warks 11 plus is standardised. But I have no idea if you would have any chance of getting her into Alcester Grammar if she did not sit the Warwickshire 11 plus. The Warks 11 plus is a completely separate test from the King Edwards 11 plus. The Warks test was sat in mid October at various Warks secondary schools. You would have to ask Warwickshire County Council if there is any way for her to be considered for Alcester Grammar without having sat the Warks 11 plus. I suspect not.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now