Skinners' School- Inaccuracies in appeal letter from school

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tigger2

Re: Skinners' School- Inaccuracies in appeal letter from sch

Post by tigger2 »

Frustrated to report that I rang this morning and was told junior tiggers name was not even on the list :shock: Now have to go home and scan and email letters from skinners to skinners to prove we have sent appeal details in :lol: :roll: Dh going to call them later today ...
laurash

Post by laurash »

How awful! I guess you didn't get the appeals pack and all the bumpf with it then. They really are dreadfully inefficient. You must feel awful and I fully sympathise with you.
We sent our letters to be 'signed for ' to cover that type of eventuality. By the way, we had an email today telling us that all our documents would be reissued to the appeals panel to ensure that they were intact.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hi...the irony is that I did get the appeals pack ...he had just dropped off the list :lol: Everything was sent on a signed for basis so I knew they had it. Didnt think that there would be a problem once it was there though :roll: So fingers crossed for an updated letter and a smooth run up to the appeals date................
laurash

Post by laurash »

It gives you such faith in the whole process doesn't it? Anyway, good luck! Hope it all goes well.
sussexboys

Post by sussexboys »

That's appalling! I wonder what they would have done when you turned up for the appeal? Good luck getting all your evidence in. I have slept better since I did it.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

I have received docs from skinners but haven't received the revised letter as indicated on the comps slip that was attached to it (to replace the letter which held all the 2010 admission details in error)....anyone else in the same boat or is it just me :wink:
laurash

Post by laurash »

Hi tigger

We have had a letter from the school stating that the pass mark for Skinners' this year was 407 (finally correct) and giving us many, many reasons why they cannot accept DS.................In fact they make the school seem so bad it's a wonder that anyone would choose it.

Well, at least they have their facts right this time and have taken out all the erroneous information from last year.

Not a good advertisement for Skinners' frankly. That coupled with their poor open evening, makes me think that they just reply upon skimming off highly attaining kids rather than actually being a good school.

It's easy to get good GCSE results when you have selected through the 11+.

Last year TWGSB beat Skinners' comprehensively at A level. I wonder how they explain that.

Go figure...................
mad?

Post by mad? »

I have no local interest but this thread has galled me. You all have my sympathies for the cavalier disgregard to detail the school appears to have, demonstrating a lack of awareness and understanding that is at best, ermm 'amateur'. I am sure you are right
laurash wrote:that they just reply upon skimming off highly attaining kids rather than actually being a good school. It's easy to get good GCSE results when you have selected through the 11+.
but to be honest, I suspect that is what many selective schools do...indie or grammar...let's face it they are shortening their odds either way. Good luck. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by mad? on Tue May 03, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mad?
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Hi...Yes agreed that it has not exactly covered them in glory :lol: I won't just need luck I will need a miracle :roll:
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

Dear All

I am so sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered thus far with The Skinners School but it really is a wonderful school with a fantastic Head teacher brilliant supporting staff. Our son is currently in Year 9 and is so happy! They have fantastic pastoral care and encouage each child to reach his full potential. I wish you all the best of luck in your appeals.I am in the same boat this year with my DD.

whitehart
:D