MESSAGE FOR ETIENNE

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SOVERYSAD

MESSAGE FOR ETIENNE

Post by SOVERYSAD »

HI ETIENNE PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME WHEN THE CUT OFF DATE IS IN KENT FOR THE EXTRA MARKS THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED WHEN YOU ARE 10 AND TAKING THE 11 PLUS.
I AM AWARE THAT CHILDREN WHO ARE YOUNGER RECEIVE THIS ALLOWANCE ON THEIR TEST, BUT WHEN IS THE CUT OFF DATE. ON THE DAY OF TEST , OR A TERM BEFORE
PLEASE CAN YOU SHED SOME LIGHT
THANKYOU
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Soverysad

Normally I would expect standardisation to be done on a month by month basis, but it really needs someone from Kent to confirm exactly what is done there.

Regards
Etienne

Post by Guest »

My daughter's birthday is 14th june and she didnt get any allowance!! so i really dont know..

Peter is very good and knows alot about kent area

Post by Guest »

Hello
Kent CC will have had a record of your child's birthdate before the exam. (I think it will have been printed on the answer paper.) Her age will have been taken into account in reaching her standardised score; basically she will have been compared against children of similar age rather than the whole cohort. I think this is done on a month by month basis.

The marks you received reflect her age. If your child was born in the summer, therefore, she will have been given a higher standardised score than an older child with the same marks in the exam will have received.