Appeals Skinners'

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tigger2

Re: Appeals Skinners'

Post by tigger2 »

Hi rbeck31

Just wanted to clarify if your ds has already sat the test ? I am assuming that he has and that you have the score...I am sorry to be dense but I am not sure what you mean as a 'very borderline score'...this could mean around the 360 mark or as high as 398 in Kent (given that you had to get 119 in each paper you could fail with 2 x 140 scores and a 118) . I would say that if you believe that Skinners is ideal for your son then do consider appealing but you need very strong academic evidence and the nearer your sons score to the cut off for this school the better :) I think that the cut off last year was 405.
Hope this helps!
Tigger
laurash

Post by laurash »

Hi
The cut off for Skinners last year started at 407 but after quite a few months a few boys were admitted on 405 , generally after an appeal. There is a lot of movement over the months preceding entry but the frustrating thing is that much of it happens in May, June and July which is very late and therefore more stressful for everyone concerned.
rbeck31

Post by rbeck31 »

Thank you so much to you all, I'm glad a wrote in order to get such great advice. It's so useful to know what they might be looking for - thank you!

Just to clarify, he has taken the test and gained 407 which we were delighted with but he is soooo keen on Skinners and I have promised we will do all we can so knowing in advance what we need if we do find ourselves in an appeal situation is so incredibly valuable. Hopefully his score will be enough to get in on the first round but I like to be thinking ahead so we don't panic if and when that time comes!

Thank you all again

Kind regards
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now