Appeals Skinners'

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sharky

Re: Appeals Skinners'

Post by Sharky »

hello
When we had our Skinners appeal it was one of the very early ones. We were told that there were over 50 appeals (were there 60, thats even worse!). The clerk said he would try to get the letters out just after the bank holiday. Must say we are glad it is over and for us what will be will be. We are very luck to have a very good alternative which ds would be more than happy to attend. Although Skinners was ours and his first choice. If a miracle does occur and we were successful I know there is a waiting list at the allocated school so there would be another happy family. Mind you with even 50 appeals the odds are stacked against us. Good luck to everyone, its out of our hands now.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

We had our appeal on the first day and we were told that just over 60 were listed......50 would be a bit better... :D

Tigger
x
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

Hi tigger2
Thanks for your congrats message! A good friend of mine is appealing to TSS and was told they would hear the outcome mid next week if you were still wondering?
Whitehart
:wink:
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

Hi Tigger
Yes we were the first day also.
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Hey everyone, our appeal was not successful I'm afraid. How did everyone else do?
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Kaloosam...I am so sorry to hear that..I dread getting that letter but have to be prepared for it as with that many appeals the odds are against us. The postman hasn't turned up yet :? Have you got a good back up school lined up?

Tigger
x
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Not a bad back up option. At least it is nice knowing and can think about journeys, uniforms and all the practicalities that I could not begin to address before. Good luck, if I remember rightly you were not happy with your back up, so I hope you get it
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful Kaloosam.

Fingers crossed tigger2 - let me know how you get on.
laurash

Post by laurash »

Hi Kaloosam

Sorry to hear that the appeals wasn't successful. We had ours last Monday too and I was on tenterhooks this am but it was just junk mail in the post!! Talk about torture........................I can see a letter lying somewhere but its not HERE!! Aaaggghhhhhhhhh
kaloosam

Post by kaloosam »

Thanks for all the messages. It is not as bad as I thought it would be. Getting positive about our allocated school now and at least it is all behind us. Good luck to everyone else - we have slightly shortened the odds now!! Xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now